*This post contains affiliate links, so we may earn a small commission when you make a purchase through the links on our site at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you are looking for the best bridal shower gifts for the bride-to-be, we have some amazing ideas for you!
What gift do you take to a bridal shower?
Here is what we cover in this article (feel free to browse the entire article, or use the links below to go right to the section you are looking for):
- Bridal shower gifts from mother to daughter
- Wedding shower gifts from mother-of-the-groom to daughter-in-law
- Bridal shower gifts from the bridesmaids/maid of honor
- Gift ideas from the sister of the bride
- Unique bridal shower gift ideas
- Bridal shower gifts for sister-in-law
- Last-minute bridal shower gift ideas
- Bridal shower gift ideas for the traveling bride
- Gift ideas for a best friend who is getting married
- Bridal shower gifts for the bride who has everything
- Gift ideas for a 2nd marriage
- Wedding Shower gift ideas for couples
- Gift ideas for the groom
- Bridal shower gift FAQ
- More bridal shower planning tips and resources
Bridal Shower Gift Ideas From Mom to Daughter
A bridal shower gift from mother to daughter might be one of the toughest things to decide on.
We recommend going with a more personal gift (you can also include something fun like a dress hanger or robe for your daughter’s wedding day).
We have the ultimate wedding day essentials list for the bride that will give you a ton of ideas for gifts that your daughter can use on her wedding day.
Here are a few bridal shower or wedding gift ideas to get you started:
You might want to consider gifting your daughter a special family heirloom for the bridal shower.
This can be a special piece of jewelry that has been in the family for many years or an antique piece of furniture that belonged to your parents or grandparents.
The bridal shower or wedding is the perfect time to give your daughter a special gift like this.
We love these “something blue” charms and poems that can be used in your daughter’s bouquet and then kept forever and possibly used in weddings of grandchildren.
Scrapbook or Personalized Photo Album
The scrapbook or photo album could be memories and moments from your daughter’s entire life, or you could make it a memory scrapbook of the time since she met her partner.
Another great scrapbook or photo book idea would be making the book/album all about her wedding planning journey (photos from the engagement, dress shopping, wedding planning, etc.).
You could even leave room at the end of the album so you can add photos from the bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding day, and honeymoon.
Your daughter would cherish a thoughtful gift like this.
Wedding Dress Hanger
A special wedding dress hanger is the perfect gift for a mother to give to her daughter.
A great option is these hangers from BridesmaidHangers on Etsy.
- Choose from 10 different engraving options (or no engraving at all)
- Include a cute bow (20 different color options) or no bow at all
- If you want even more wedding dress hanger ideas, check them out here.
A Big Purchase or Luxury Bridal Shower Gift
If your daughter and her partner are moving into their own home, a big piece of furniture or household appliance might be the perfect gift to give her.
If you are in a position to do it, a downpayment on a house or a new car would be the ultimate gift for your daughter before or on her wedding day.
Day At The Spa
A day at the spa with you and your daughter would be an amazing bridal shower gift (you could even include other family members if it makes sense).
This would be a much-appreciated gift after the long wedding planning process.
These beautiful bracelets made by LaurelDenise on Etsy are a wonderful one-of-a-kind gift to give your daughter.
- The words are burned into the leather and will not fade.
- Choose one of the recommended sayings, or have the bracelet customized with your own words.
A Monthly Subscription
A monthly subscription is always a fantastic gift to receive.
Some awesome subscription box ideas would be:
- Wine or beer of the month
- Food lovers
- Movies or live music
- Card/board games
- Jelly of the Month Club (For all of you National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation fans out there, ha!)
The Honeymoon or A Special Trip
An amazing idea would be to gift the couple their honeymoon.
If the couple is not planning a honeymoon, you could take your daughter on a special trip before the wedding day. You know your daughter better than anyone, so plan a trip that you know she would cherish.
Mother to Daughter Handkerchief
These mother to daughter handkerchiefs made by MisterAndMrs on Etsy are a wonderful bridal shower or wedding day gift to give your daughter.
Gift Basket of Her Favorites
A meaningful bridal shower gift would be a gift basket filled with all of your daughter’s favorite things.
Some of these items could be:
- Her favorite foods/snacks
- Items with her favorite scent (lotions, candles, bath bombs, etc)
- Small framed photo
- Coffee (and a new cup/mug)
- Gift cards to purchase new items for their home.
- Any of the little things that your daughter loves
Bridal Shower Gift Ideas For Daughter-In-Law From Mother Of The Groom
If you want to get a nice bridal shower gift for your future daughter-in-law, we have some good ideas for you.
A few gift ideas to consider are:
- Something borrowed (maybe you have a nice piece of jewelry or a family heirloom that your daughter-in-law can wear on the wedding day).
- Offer to pay for the honeymoon, a photographer, or a videographer (a wedding day purchase that the couple will remember and cherish forever).
- Money to help with a down payment on a new home.
- Gift cards that she can use to purchase new items for the couple’s new home together.
Here are a few more handmade items that would make the perfect bridal shower gift for your daughter-in-law:
Bridal Bouquet Charms
We love these bridal bouquet charms made by ButtonIt on Etsy.
Personalized marble and wood charcuterie board
We love these personalized charcuterie boards from OliveMoonGiftShop on Etsy.
- Made of marble and acacia wood.
- Add on matching coasters and/or stand
Giving the gift of personalized stationery is something that the bride-to-be or groom-to-be can put to good use before or after the wedding day.
We love the options made and sold by SunnyInkPaperCo on Etsy.
- Order in quantity
- Folded cards, notepads, flat cards, and envelopes
- Choose between over 30 colors and 10 different font styles
- For even more stationery sets, check out these collections from Etsy. We also love this set from Amazon
A custom photo frame is a wonderful bridal shower gift idea. We love these frames from PersonalizationMall on Etsy.
- Multiple styles to choose from
- For more photo frame ideas, check out these amazing options on Etsy.
Personalized Bridal Shower Gifts From The Bridesmaids or Maid of Honor
Here are a few fun bridal shower gift ideas that are perfect for the maid of honor and/or bridesmaids:
- Offer to pay for the bachelorette party
- A scrapbook or photo album of the bride and bridesmaids together (each bridesmaid can provide a few photos of a nice note to the bride)
- Entertaining items (kitchen, bar, patio, etc.)
- Special lingerie
Personalized Wood Flight Board (Cutting Board, Shots, Charcuterie, etc.)
These wood flight boards from OliveMoonGiftShop on Etsy are a really fun and unique gift idea for the bride-to-be from the bridesmaids (or maid of honor).
Wedding Vow Books
These wedding vow books from TheCozyComfyHome make the perfect gift to the bride or couple from the maid of honor, matron of honor, or bridesmaids.
- Customize/personalize the vow books any way you like (her, his, their, etc.).
- 64 different colors to choose from.
- Text in gold foil, rose gold foil, silver foil, white text, or black text.
- For even more wedding vow book options, check these out on Etsy.
Bridal Shower Gift Ideas From Sister to Bride
The perfect bridal shower gift for your sister is something that she can use on her wedding day (something that will be in lots of photos), or something that she can use almost every day after the wedding.
Here are a couple of gift ideas that we love:
Jewelry Dish for Wedding Ring and Engagement Ring
We love these ring/trinket dishes from WillowLaneCollective on Etsy.
- Personalize with names, initials, dates, etc.
- Choose text in metallic rose gold, black, metallic silver, or metallic gold.
We also love these jewelry dishes from ThePaintedPress on Etsy.
- Handmade and made to order (A truly one-of-a-kind bridal shower gift).
- You can order these ring dishes with or without personalization.
We love these bridal getting-ready robes from LLDGiftsByLaurenLash on Etsy.
- These robes come in white for the bride and 7 other colors.
- Soft silk satin with lace trim
- For more robe options, check out these gorgeous robes on Etsy. We also love this bridal robe from Amazon.
Unique Bridal Shower Gifts For The Bride
We love these unique bridal shower gift ideas:
Custom Map Art (Where They Met, Got Engaged, Getting Married)
We love these map-art pieces made and sold by ModernMapArt on Etsy.
- Multiple styles and sizes to choose from (including satellite view photos).
- Include the location and dates for the following: (When/where the couple met, when/where the couple got engaged, and when/where the couple is getting married).
Painting From Photo
These beautiful art pieces from BeautifulPrint on Etsy are a wonderful bridal shower gift idea.
- Turn any photo into a beautiful painting
- Choose between canvas, fine art paper, or digital-only (print your own)
Bridal Shower Gift Ideas For Sister-In-Law
Shopping for your new sister-in-law might not be an easy task.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Gift cards to her favorite restaurants
- A gift basket of her favorite items (food, wine, coffee, chocolate, etc.)
Luggage Tags and Passport Cases
These passport cases and luggage tags from EcoEngrave on Etsy make a great gift to give to your sister-in-law and brother.
- 8 different colors to choose from
- For even more awesome luggage tag options, check out these Etsy items.
Last Minute Bridal Shower Gifts
This section is perfect for those last-minute shoppers. All of the items in this section are Amazon Prime so you can get them delivered fast!
Here are a few of our favorite last-minute bridal shower gift ideas that ship fast with Amazon Prime:
- Amazon gift cards
- A gorgeous bamboo cheese board and knife set
- Gift baskets (coffee, wine, chocolate, etc.)
- A professional jewelry cleaner
- Ninja Air Fryer
- Expresso machine
- Luggage set
Wedding Ring Wine Glasses
These wedding ring wine glasses are a really fun gift for the couple.
The Couple’s Bucket List Card Game
This card game is such a great wedding shower gift idea.
- Includes 100 unique date night ideas
- 3 different categories (life, love, and laughter)
Wine Tote and Stainless Steel Wine Glasses
This One Savvy Girl wine tote bag (includes 2 stainless steel wine glasses) make a wonderful last-minute gift idea for a bridal shower or wedding shower.
Bridal Shower Gifts For The Traveling Bride
If the couple plans on traveling after the wedding, here are a few wedding shower gifts that you might want to consider:
Personalized USA Photo Map
These United States photo maps from ThunderBunnyLabs on Etsy are the perfect bridal shower or wedding shower gifts for couples who love to travel.
- Multiple colors and styles for the maps and personalization
- Includes access to a free map maker tool that designs your photos into the shape of the state.
Push-Pin Map For The World Traveler
These push-pin world maps from KRMaps on Etsy are the perfect bridal shower gift idea for couples who love to travel or those who plan to travel together.
- Choose a world map or a map of The United States.
- Sizes: 13″x19″, 24″x36″, and 24″x16″
- Customize the title and legend
Custom Luggage Tags and Passport Holders
These passport cases and luggage tags from MIINEofficial on Etsy are an awesome gift idea for a bridal shower or wedding shower.
- Choose from 12 different colors
- Made of premium vegan leather
- Order luggage tags and passports separately or as a set.
- Check out these other Etsy luggage tag listings.
Bridal Shower Gifts for Best Friend Who Is Getting Married
If your best friend is getting married and you want to get her something that is not on her registry, here are a few ideas to think about:
- A gift basket of her favorite items (coffee, wine, food, lotions, candles, etc.)
- Gift cards to her favorite restaurants
- Bar items for her new home
Robe for The Bride
We love these lace bridal robes from ModParty on Etsy.
- Available in white and 7 other colors
- For personalization, choose from the following text colors (rose gold, silver, gold, silver, white, or black)
- For more robe options, check out these awesome Etsy options. We also love this bridal robe on Amazon.
Handmade Wine Stand
We love this handmade wine stand from SemekaWood on Etsy.
- Includes the corkscrew.
- Personalize the item or leave it as is.
- For more wine-themed gift ideas, check out these awesome items on Etsy.
- If you need wine glasses to go along with your wine stand, we love these wine glasses on Amazon.
Bridal Shower Gifts For The Bride Who Has Everything
If the bride-to-be has everything already, here are a few fun gift ideas to consider:
- Gift cards to her favorite restaurants
- A gift basket filled with all the little things that she loves
- A custom photo book
Cornhole Game Boards
These cornhole game boards from KohrnThrow on Etsy are amazing!
- Design and personalize these cornhole boards any way you like
- Custom cornhole bags
- Option to add LED lighting for night play. Amazing!
Ice Cream Maker
This Cuisinart ice cream maker is a great bridal shower gift idea for the bride who has everything.
- Makes 2 quarts of your favorite frozen dessert or frozen drink in about 25 minutes.
- Ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet, or frozen drinks
- The perfect dessert bowls can be found below
Porcelain Dessert Bowls (To Go With The Ice Cream Maker Above)
These porcelain dessert dishes made by Sweese are amazing.
- Get them here on Amazon
- 4″, 5″, 6″ or 7″ bowls
- Available in white, navy, red, or turquoise
- Microwaveable and dishwasher safe
Custom Bridal Shower Gifts For A Second Marriage
If the bride has already been married and already has a lot of stuff, consider a gift that would be perfect for entertaining friends and family (bar items, serving boards, etc.)
Wooden Serving Tray For Entertaining
We love these food-serving trays from SHANIKStore on Etsy.
- 5 different designs to choose from
- The perfect gift for the couple who loves to entertain
Personalized World Travel Map
We love these personalized travel maps from GeojangoSmartMaps on Etsy.
- 7 different sizes to choose from 24×16 inches to 72×48 inches
- World maps, USA maps, and National Park maps
Wedding Shower Gift Ideas That Are Perfect For Couples
Here are a few gift ideas if the couple is having a combined wedding shower:
We also love these personalized cheese board sets from AvadirAndCo on Etsy.
- Available in two different sizes: 7″ with (3) utensils or 10″ with (4) utensils.
- Choose between 9 unique designs.
Personalized wine labels
We love these “firsts” and “milestones” wine labels from LabelWithLove on Etsy.
- Choose from 18 different milestones to add to your personalized wine label (or make up your own)
These personalized wine labels from LabelWithLove on Etsy make excellent gifts.
- Customize the wine labels with the name of the couple (or anything that you want).
Anniversary Journal For Documenting Memories
These anniversary journals from DuncanAndStone on Etsy make a fantastic wedding shower gift for the couple.
- Starting with how you met, then to dating, then to your engagement and wedding.
- Goes all the way up to your 70th wedding anniversary.
- Every 10 years, there is a bonus section to document the highs, lows, and wisdom you’ve learned from the last decade together.
Kitchen Set For The Couple
We love this apron/cooking set from ShopDeluxy on Etsy.
- Includes Mr./Mrs. aprons, potholder, oven mitts, romantic recipe book, and best wishes card
Check out these coaster sets from AvadirAndCo on Etsy.
- Choose a round or hexagon coaster set.
- 6 different designs to choose from.
Mr. and Mrs. Coffee Mugs
We love these coffee mugs from ShopDeluxy on Etsy.
- Includes Mr. and Mrs. coffee mugs (with lids), a Mr./Mrs. gold spoon, and best wishes card
These passport holders and luggage tags from ShopDeluxy on Etsy are a fantastic gift idea for couples.
- Includes 2 passport covers (vegan leather), 2 luggage tags, a travel bucket list, and an engraved pen
Wedding Shower Gift Ideas For The Groom
If the couple is having a combined wedding shower, chances are the bride-to-be will still receive a lot of gifts that are to her.
Here are a few gift ideas if you want to make sure the groom-to-be has a few things that he can call his own:
Personalized grill set
We love this personalized BBQ grilling set from AvadirAndCo on Etsy.
- Choose from 9 different personalization styles.
- Includes 6 different grilling tools
Bridal Shower Gift FAQ
Is it customary to get a bridal shower gift?
Yes, it is customary to bring a gift to the bridal shower. One of the main reasons for the bridal shower is to give the bride-to-be a gift.
That does not mean you have to purchase an expensive gift.
Giving an inexpensive gift (just $10 or so) is completely acceptable.
How much should you spend on a bridal shower gift?
Have you ever the saying, “It’s the thought that counts?”
That saying definitely applies to your bridal shower gift to the bride or couple.
Do not worry about the price of your gift.
Spend what you can afford and get the bride something that is meaningful or something that she can use.
Do not worry about purchasing a cheap bridal shower gift. The bride-to-be will love anything that you get her no matter how inexpensive the gift is.
Is It rude to not open gifts at a bridal shower?
In our opinion, you should open your gifts at the bridal shower.
One of the main reasons for having a bridal shower is to be “showered” with gifts.
Some guests (especially older guests) may have hurt feelings if you decide not to open gifts.
Plan a few fun bridal shower games for guests to play while the bride-to-be opens her presents.
Is It Appropriate To Give The Bride A Funny Bridal Shower Gift?
Is it ok to give a funny gift at the bridal shower?
Absolutely! You know the bride-to-be and you know her personality. If she would appreciate a funny gift, then give her a funny gift