We reached out to over 350 wedding DJs, married couples, and wedding guests to ask them about wedding reception music. We asked them to give us about 10 of their must-have wedding songs.
They gave us their opinion on the best wedding reception dance songs ever.
There were some clear winners and many surprises as well. See all of the results below.
Here is what we will cover:
- What are the best and most popular pop wedding dance songs for 2022?
- What are the newest dance songs to play at your wedding?
- Wedding dance songs from the 80 and 90s
- The best rap and hip hop dance songs
- Awesome rock and roll songs to play at your wedding reception
- Best group dancing songs for a wedding
- The top R&B, funk, soul and disco songs.
- Slow dance songs for your wedding dance floor.
- Country wedding songs that guests love to dance to
- The top 10 wedding songs of all time
- The #1 requested wedding song
What Are The Best and Most Popular Pop Wedding Dance Songs For 2022?
We are constantly adding to this list so check back often. You can listen to samples of this entire playlist at the bottom of this post.
- “Levitating” by Dua Lipa featuring DaBaby
- “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk The Moon
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” by Whitney Houston
- “Timber” by Pitbull ft. Ke$ha
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
- “Give Me Everything” by Pitbull, Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
- “Dynamite” by Taio Cruz
- “Crazy in Love” by Beyonce
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyed Peas
- “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga
- “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” by Usher & Pitbull
- “Wake Me Up” by Avicii
- “We Found Love” by Rhianna & Calvin Harris
- “Love On Top” by Beyoncé
- “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- “Treasure” by Bruno Mars
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “Sugar” by Maroon 5
- “This is What You Came For” by Rhianna & Calvin Harris
- “Crazy in Love” by Beyoncé (featuring Jay-Z)
- “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga
- “What Makes you Beautiful” by One Direction
- “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira
- “Fire Burning” by Sean Kingston
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast
- “Party in the U.S.A.” by Miley Cyrus
- “Forever” by Chris Brown
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO
- “Don’t Stop The Music” by Rihanna
- “Time of Our Lives” by Pitbull & Ne-Yo
- “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke, T.I. & Pharrell Williams
What are the newest dance songs to play at your wedding reception?
These are songs that have come out in the last 5 years. We will be adding more songs to this list every month
- “Kings and Queens” by Ava Max
- “Truth Hurts” by Lizzo
- “Mood” by 24kGoldn
- “Levitating (featuring DaBaby)” by Dua Lipa
- “Stay” by The Kid LAROI and Justine Bieber
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
- “I Love It” by Icona Pop and Charli XCX
- “Better Now” by Post Malone
- “Teeth” by 5 Seconds of Summer
- “Despacito” by Justin Bieber, Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
- “Juice” by Lizzo
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars
- “Closer” by The Chainsmokers and Halsey
- “Havana” by Camila Cabello & Young Thug
- “HandClap” by Fitz and the Tantrums
- “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran
- “Cheap Thrills” by Sia
Favorite wedding songs from the 80s and 90s
The 1980s and 1990s were a wonderful time for dance music (and big bangs). Here are some of the most requested songs to dance to:
- “Your Love” The Outfield
- “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers
- “Let’s Get Married” by Jagged Edge & RUN
- “Good Vibrations” by Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch
- “What I Like About You” by The Romantics
- “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Love Shack” by The B-52’s
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham
- “Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina and the Waves
- “Jessie’s Girl” by Rick Springfield
- “This Is How We Do It” by Montell Jordan & Wino
- “Wannabe” by The Spice Girls
- “Don’t Stop Til’ You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by Backstreet Boys
- “Bye Bye Bye” by N’ Sync
- “Thriller” Michael Jackson
Hip Hop and Rap Dance Songs
Once the cake has been cut and the older crowd has left the dance floor, the DJ will typically take it up a notch. Here are some of the most requested hip-hop and rap songs for the reception dance floor:
- “Jump Around” by House of Pain
- “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled, Ludacris, T-Pain, Snoop Dogg & Rick Ross
- “Low” by Flo Rida
- “Get Low” by Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz
- “Live Your Life” by T.I. and Rihanna
- “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot
- “Bust A Move” by Young MC
- “Wild Ones” by Flo Rida & Sia
- “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea & Charli XCX
- “Hollaback Girl” by Gwen Stefani
- “Ignition” by R. Kelly
- “Yeah!” by Usher, Ludacris & Lil Jon (If you like songs from the 2000s, we have an entire article dedicated to songs from the 2000s decade)
- “Right Round” by Flo Rida
- “Bang Bang” by Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj
- “Back That Thang Up” by JUVENILE, Mannie Fresh & Lil Wayne
- “No Diggity” by Blackstreet, Dr. Dre & Queen Pen
- “Hot in Herre” by Nelly
- “Ice Ice Baby” by Vanilla Ice
- “Turn Down For What” by DJ Snake & Lil Jon
- “Teach Me How To Dougie” by Cali Swag District
- “Rock Your Body” by Justin Timberlake
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” by Will Smith
- “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” by Soulja Boy
- “It’s Tricky” Run-D.M.C.
- “Let Me Clear My Throat” by DJ Kool
- “Wiggle” Jason Derulu & Snoop Dogg
- “My House” by Flo Rida
Rock and Roll Songs to Play at your Wedding Reception
No wedding reception would be complete without a few rock anthems to lip sync to. Here are the most requested rock and roll songs for 2021:
- “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” by Journey
- “Pour Some sugar On Me” by Def Leppard
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “I Believe in a Thing Called Love” by The Darkness
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
- “Are you Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet
- “Mr. Brightside” by The Killers
- “Working For The Weekend” by Loverboy
- “Jump” by Van Halen
- “All The Small Things” by Blink 182
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
- “Sedated” by The Ramones
- “I Believe In A Thing Called Love” by The Darkness
R&B, Soul, Disco & Funk
It’s time to break out your best dance moves (maybe a moonwalk?). Here are the most requested r&b, funk, and disco songs for 2021:
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Shout” by The Isley Brothers
- “Let it Whip” by Dazz Band
- “Freakshow on the Dance Floor” by The Bar-Kays
- “You Dropped A Bomb On Me” by The Gap Band
- “Let’s Groove” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Jungle Love” by The Time
- “I Want you Back” by The Jackson 5
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours) by Stevie Wonder
- “Get Down Tonight” by KC and the Sunshine Band
- “Brick House” by Commodores
- “Stayin’ Alive” by The Bee Gees
- “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk, Pharrell Williams & Nile Rogers
- “Play that Funky Music” by Wild Cherry
- “Y.M.C.A.” by The Village People
- “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
- “Celebration” by Kool & The Gang
- “Dancing Queen” by ABBA
Best Group Dancing Songs For A Wedding
Wedding group dance songs are a must at pretty much every wedding reception.
Not only are they super fun, but they also get people out on the dance floor.
Group dance songs are the DJ’s secret wedding when too many guests leave for the bar.
Everybody knows that as soon as Cha Cha Slide starts playing, it’s time to drop whatever you’re doing and get your feet on the dance floor.
Here are the most popular group dancing songs for 2021:
- “Cha Cha Slide” by DJ Casper
- “Cupid Shuffle” by Cupid
- “Wobble” by V.I.C.
- “The Git Up” by Blanco Brown
- “Macarena” by Los Del Rio
- “Cotton Eye Joe” by Rednex
- “Apache – 45 Version” by The Sugarhill Gang
- “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) by Silentó
- “Gangnam Style” by PSY
Wedding Slow Dance Songs
It’s time to share the dance floor with the one you love. Here are the most requested wedding slow dance songs of 2021:
- “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith
- “Speechless” by Dan + Shay
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers
- “All of Me” by John Legend
- “At Last” Etta James
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra (more Frank Sinatra wedding songs)
- “Perfect Duet” by Ed Sheeran & Beyoncé
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “Let’s Get It On” by Marvin Gaye
- “Unforgettable” by Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King
Classic Wedding Songs (Oldies But Goodies)
When the DJ opens the dance floor, it’s typically with a few songs from this list. Get grandpa out there and make sure your photographer captures those amazing moments!
- “The Twist” by Chubby Checker
- “Twist and Shout” by The Beatles (more amazing wedding songs by The Beatles to play at your wedding)
- “Do You Love Me?” by The Contours
- “I Can’t Help Myself *Sugar Pie Honey Bunch” by The Four Tops
- “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Respect” by Aretha Franklin
- “December, 1963 (Oh what A Night)” by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
Country Songs That Guests Love To Dance To
Not every crowd will appreciate these songs, but you know who you are! If you want even more ideas, check out this article: 470 Best Country Songs To Use At Your Wedding.
- “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks
- “Red Solo Cup” by Toby Keith
- “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver
Last Song of the Night Dance Songs
It’s time to send the couple off on their honeymoon! But before we do, let’s end the night with one more song. Here are the most requested “last song of the night” songs for 2021:
- “Sweet Caroline” Neil Diamond
- “(I’ve Had) The time of My Life” by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- “Last Dance” by Donna Summer
- “Don’t Stop Believin’ ” by Journey
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
- “Closing Time” by Semisonic
- “One More Time” by Daft Punk
- “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day
What is the Most Requested, #1 Wedding Song?
PA Unveiled polled over 350 wedding DJs, married couples, and wedding guests between January 1st-January 15th of 2021.
We asked the DJs what their 10 most requested songs were. We asked couples what 10 songs were a must-have at a wedding.
And the winner is…
“Don’t Stop Believin’ ” by Journey was the number 1 requested wedding song.
What are the Top 10 Wedding Songs of All Time?
We are still adding up the numbers from our poll. We will have the results will be up by 3/1/22
Additional Wedding Music Ideas & Wedding Planning Resources
- The perfect songs for your father daughter dance.
- Our top songs for the mother son dance.
- The best songs for parents entrance at wedding receptions.
- 145 funny songs to use for your garter removal and bouquet toss.
- The 57 important questions that you should ask a wedding DJ.
- Funny songs to use for the dollar dance.
- Best songs for the anniversary dance at your wedding reception.
- If you are looking for something different, check out our heavy metal and hard rock wedding songs. Plus we have a list of awesome pop punk rock songs.
- Follow us on Instagram for wedding photo inspiration and funny memes.