It’s the moment you have been waiting for! Your wedding reception!
To get the party started, it’s time to announce the wedding party and the newlyweds into the reception room.
You might have questions like: What is a good song for the wedding party entrance? What song should we use for the bride and groom entrance? How to pick the perfect bridal party entrance songs?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We have put together an amazing list of songs to use for your wedding party reception entrance (bridal party, bride and groom, bride/bride, or groom/groom).
Popular and Trendy Songs (2000’s thru now. Including pop, rap, hip hop, dance, r&b, rock, etc.)
- “Bring ‘Em Out” by T.I featuring Jay-Z
- “My House” by Flo Rida
- “Turn Down For What” by DJ Snake featuring Lil Jon
- “Shut Up And Dance” by WALK THE MOON
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled featuring T-Pain, Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, and Rick Ross
- “Forever” by Chris Brown (The famous scene from Jim and Pam’s wedding on The Office)
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyes Peas
- “Get The Party Started” by Pink (P!nk)
- “Party Rock Anthem” by LMFAO
- “Without You” by David Guetta ft. Usher
- “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars
- “On Top Of The World” by Imagine Dragons
- “Let’s Get It Started” by Black Eyed Peas
- “Feel This Moment” by Pitbull featuring Christina Aguilera
- “Where Them Girls At” by David Guetta featuring Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida (A great song to use if all of the bridesmaids are walking into the reception together)
- “Hey Ya” by Outkast
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars
- “Crazy In Love” by Beyoncé ft. JAY Z
- “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha
- “Party In The USA” by Miley Cyrus
- “One More Time” by Daft Punk
- “SexyBack” by Justin Timberlake
Classic Rock and Hard Rock Songs
- “Thunderstruck” by AC/DC
- “Eye Of The Tiger” by Survivor
- “Best Day Of My Life” by The American Authors
- “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- “I Believe In A Thing Called Love” by The Darkness
- “Beautiful Day” by U2
- “Welcome To The Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
- “1985” by Bowling For Soup
- “I’ll Be There For You” by The Rembrandts
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard
- “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
- “The Anthem” by Good Charlotte
- “All The Small Things” by Blink 182
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe
- “Back In Black” by AC/DC
- “Monkey Wrench” by The Foo Fighters
- “You Make My Dreams” by Daryl Hall & John Oats
- “Rock You Like A Hurricane” by The Scorpions
- “Nothing But A Good Time” by Poison
- “I Love Rock and Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- “Girls, Girls, Girls” by Mötley Crüe
- “The Beautiful People” by Marilyn Manson
- “Cum On Feel The Noize” by Quiet Riot
- “Enter Sandman” by Metallica
- “Everlong” by The Foo Fighters
- “Smells Like Team Spirit” by Nirvana
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
- “First Date” by Blink 182
- “High School Never Ends” by Bowling for Soup
- “Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous” by Good Charlotte
- “Are you Gonna Be My Girl” by Jet
- “Kickstart My Heart” by Mötley Crüe
Classic Songs including hits from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by The Backstreet Boys
- “We Are Family: by Sister Sledge
- “Celebration” Kool & The Gang
- “Let’s Go Crazy” by Prince & The Revolution
- “Everybody Dance Now” C&C Music Factory
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” by Will Smith
- “Let’s Hear It For The Boys” by Deniece Williams (Footloose)
- “Ladies Night” by Kool & The Gang
- ” Rock & Roll Part 2” by Gary Glitter
- “You Make My Dreams” by Hall & Oates
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- “Top Gun Theme Song” by Steve Stevens
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- “Jump” by Van Halen
- “Walk This Way” by Run DMC & Aerosmith
- “California Girls” by The Beach Boys (or this awesome version by David Lee Roth)
If you love songs from the eighties, we put together an article containing over 300 wedding dance songs from the 80s to use in every part of your wedding day.
- “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)” by Luke Bryan
- “Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)” by Big & Rich
- “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” by Brooks & Dunn
- “This One’s For The Girls” by Martina McBride
- “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “The Devil Went Down To Georgia” by Charlie Daniels
For more country song ideas, we have put together this amazing list of the best country wedding songs (over 400 songs!).
Funny Wedding Party Entrance Songs
- “Who Let The Dogs Out” by Baha Men
- “I’m Too Sexy” by Right Said Fred
- “The Mission Impossible Theme”
- “Everything is Awesome (From The LEGO Movie)” by Tegan and Sara
- “Star Wars (Main Theme)” by John Williams
- “We Go Together (From the Movie Grease)” by John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, and The Grease Cast
- “The Muppet Show Theme” by The Muppets
How do you introduce the bridal party at the reception? What do you say when introducing a bridal party?
Typically the wedding party (bridal party) lines up outside of the reception room and the DJ announces them into the reception in the following order:
- Parents of the couple
- Each wedding party couple (typically you pair up with the same person that you walked out of the ceremony with)
- The maid of honor and best man
- The couple
If you do not want to announce each couple separately, you could simply announce all of the groomsmen at once and then all of the bridesmaids at once (there are some great songs to use for this above. We made a note of which ones to use for group entrances).
Tips on getting the best photos of your bridal party (wedding party) entrance at the wedding reception
For the best photo results of the bridal party entrance (and the entrance of the couple), you will want to coordinate with your photographer and video team.
Many times the bridal party members do something fun like a funny dance or they include a prop. If not coordinated, some wedding party members might do this too soon (not in the right location).
Typically, your photo/video team will have lights/flashes set up in the middle of the dance floor. They are going to want the groups entering to wait until they get into the room before doing their thing.
Sometimes a couple will take one step into the room, do their dance, and then simply walk away before they even get to where the best light is.
Your photographer will give you instructions like, “walk in about 10 feet before doing your dance” or “wait until you hit the edge of the dance floor”
What are some ideas for the bridal party/wedding party entrance into the reception room?
If you are looking for some fun ideas for how the bridal party or wedding party should enter the reception room, you are in luck. We wrote a blog post on 38 bridal party reception entrance ideas just for you!
Additional Wedding Reception Planning Resources
If you need more wedding song ideas, check these out:
- Best songs for the first dance
- Our favorite mother-son dance songs
- The best father-daughter dance songs
Follow us on Instagram for lots of wedding photo inspiration, planning tips, and funny wedding memes.