Bridal Shower Jeopardy is such a fun game to include at your wedding shower or bridal shower.
Based on the popular TV show Jeopardy, Bridal Shower Jeopardy focuses on categories and questions that are related to weddings and the couple who is getting married.
Here is what we will cover in this post:
- Bridal Jeopardy questions, answers, and category ideas
- How do you play bridal shower Jeopardy?
- DIY Jeopardy game board
- More bridal shower games and resources
Download A Free Bridal Shower Jeopardy Printable Game Card
We made a Bridal Shower Jeopardy game card that you can download for free.
Grab your free printable below:
Fun Bridal Shower Jeopardy Questions and Answers (Plus Ideas for Categories)
Here are the Bridal Jeopardy categories that we will cover (each section will have questions and questions/answer ideas):
- Famous couples
- Movie and TV couples
- Rom-Coms – romantic movies
- Funny movie quotes (wedding themed)
- Weddings 101 (wedding traditions)
- The couple
- All about the couple’s wedding
- Love songs (finish the lyrics)
- Final Jeopardy questions
Famous Couples (Bridal Jeopardy Questions and Answers About Celebrity Couples)
The famous couples category is always a winner at Bridal Shower Jeopardy. You can set this up in two different ways.
- You can give one name of the couple and make the other name the answer.
- You can give a statement or question about the couple.
Here are a few ideas for both versions:
- The name Bennifer is the name for what celebrity couple?
Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez
- The name Brangelina is the name for what famous couple?
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- The name Kimye is the name for what celebrity couple?
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West
- The name TomKat is the name for what famous couple?
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
- This famous couple has been together since 1983. They have 1 son together, but they have never been married.
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell
- This rapper loved a singer/song writer and decided to “put a ring on it” in 2008. What is the nae of this famous couple?
Beyoncé and Jay-Z
- He gets a kick from her spice. Who is this famous couple?
David and Victoria Beckham
- They first kissed when she was 14 while working together on a tv set (probably listening to disco music). Who is this famous couple?
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher
Famous couples where you can give one name and then have players guess the other half of the couple:
- Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith
- Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
- Emily Blunt and John Krasinski
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Movie and TV Couples For Bridal Jeopardy
For the movie or tv couple category, you will want to ask guests to name the other person who makes up this couple (you will provide the name of the movie/tv show and one of the two names, the guests will try and provide the other name).
Here are some awesome movie and tv couples to use for the Jeopardy game:
- Han and Leia (Star Wars)
- Jack and Rose (Titanic)
- Melanie and Jake (Sweet Home Alabama)
- Sandy and Danny (Grease)
- Buttercup and Westley (The Princess Bride)
- Vivian and Edward (Pretty Woman)
- Allie and Noah (The Notebook)
- Kat and Patrick (10 Things I Hate About You)
- Sara and Jonathan (Serendipity)
- Sally and Harry (When Harry Met Sally)
- Albert and Armand (The Birdcage)
- Baby (or Frances) and Johnny (Dirty Dancing)
- Rocky and Adrian (Rocky)
- Gabriella and Troy (High School Musical)
- Julia and Robbie (The Wedding Singer)
- Annie and Dean (Overbaord)
- Bella and Edward (Twilight)
- Annie and Sam (Sleepless in Seattle)
- Quincy and Monica (Love & Basketball)
- Andie and Benjamin (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days)
- Ally and Jackson (A Star Is Born)
- Kathleen and Joe (You’ve Got Mail)
- Andie and Blane (Pretty In Pink)
- Ennis and Jack (Brokeback Mountain)
- Henry and Lucy (50 First Dates)
- Ross and Rachel (Friends)
- Jim and Pam (The Office)
- David and Patrick (Schitt’s Creek)
- Sam and Diane (Cheers)
- Marshall and Lily (How I Met Your Mother)
- Doug and Carrie (King of Queens)
- Jack and Kate (Lost)
- Meredith and Derek (Grey’s Anatomy)
- Randall and Beth (This Is Us)
- Glenn and Maggie (The Walking Dead)
- Moira and Johnny (Schitt’s Creek)
- Kennedy and Willow (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)
- Florida and James (Good Times)
- Zach and Kelly (Saved By The Bell)
- Dylan and Brenda (Beverly Hills 90201)
- Kelly and Brandon (Beverly Hills 90210)
- Corey and Topanga (Boy Meets World)
- Carrie and Big (Sex and The City)
- Pacey and Joey (Dawson’s Creek)
- Marge and Homer (The Simpsons)
- Blaine and Kurt (Glee)
- Ben and Leslie (Parks and Recreation)
- Kevin and Winnie (The Wonder Years)
- Lucy and Ricky (I Love Lucy)
- Mike and Carol (The Brady Bunch)
Rom-Coms (Romantic Movies)
We split this into two sections (quotes and questions/statements to be answered)
Quotes from rom-coms
Have players guess the movie that these quotes came from:
- “You complete me.” – Jerry Maguire
- “You jump, I jump, remember? I can’t turn away without knowing you’ll be alright.” – Titanic
- “Marriage is like an unfunny, tense version of ‘Everybody Loves Raymond'”. – Knocked Up
- “Why would you want to marry me for, anyhow?” “So I can kiss you anytime I want.” – Sweet Home Alabama
- “I’m also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill
- “He is the cheese to my macaroni.” – Juno
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
- “I need to go make a Devlin.” – Just Go With It
- “Hey! Tattoo Face!” “Hey, Peanut Butter Cups!” – 50 First Dates
- “Frost Yourself” – How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
- “If You Get Bitten By A Shark, You’re Not Just Gonna Give Up Surfing, Are You?” “Yeah, Probably.” – Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Questions and statements about romantic rom-coms
Have players guess the movie from the question or statement:
- Who is Robbie Hart? The Wedding Singer
- She can’t remember things from yesterday and he takes care of a walrus. – 50 First Dates
- He makes a bet that he can make any woman fall in love with him, and she is working on an assignment that will teach women how to ditch a guy. – How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
- He wants revenge and she doesn’t really know who she is. – Overboard
- This movie features Annie Reed and a West Coast city. – Sleepless in Seattle
- They left their jobs and started over with one client and a fish. – Jerry Maguire
- What movie features Mike Dexter as a high school jock? Can’t Hardly Wait
- An actress, a free-spirited hotel receptionist, a rock star, and a guy who loves puppets. – Forgetting Sarah Marsahall
- They fell in love while chasing lightning in the sand. – Sweet Home Alabama
- What movie features Elle Woods? Legally Blonde
You can use the formula above to come up with dozens of your own ideas for your favorite movies.
Funny Movie Quotes For Bridal Jeopardy (Wedding Related)
This is a great Jeopardy category to include if you are a fan of funny!
Name the movie…
- “Help me, I’m poor.” – Bridesmaids
- “Oh, my God. I feel like I found out my favorite love song was written about a sandwich.” – 27 Dresses
- “Not porno tongue. Church tongue.” – The Wedding Singer
- “You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.” – Wedding Crashers
- “Every party has a pooper that’s why we invited you!” – Father of the Bride
- “Why can’t you be happy for me, and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?” – Bridesmaids
- “Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band, and they break up.” – The Wedding Singer
- “Don’t ever leave me.” “Good. ‘Cause I’d find you!” – Wedding Crashers
- “Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.” – 27 Dresses
- “Female fight club. We grease up, we pull in.” – Bridesmaids
- “Hey not Air Marshal John, wanna go back in that Restroom and not rest?” – Bridesmaids
You can simply use that same formula to come up with your own quotes from your favorite movies.
Weddings 101 (Wedding Traditions, Superstitions, and Facts)
This bridal shower jeopardy category features random facts and info about weddings. These are perfect for trivia lovers.
- What is the walk that the wedding party takes up the aisle before the ceremony starts?
- After the ceremony, the wedding party walks back down the aisle. What is this called?
- How much did the most expensive wedding ever cost?
$55m (55 million dollars). The wedding took place in France in 2004 (Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia)
- 17 tons of “this” are used for weddings in the US each year.
Gold (for rings)
- Queen Victoria started this wedding fashion trend in 1840 (for the Western World).
Wearing a white wedding dress. Before that, bride’s simply wore their “best dress”
- A bride wears or carries this on her wedding day to symbolize continuity with the past.
- Bride’s wear or carry this on their wedding day to symbolize purity, fidelity and love.
- On average, there are 7,000 of these every single day in the United States.
- Why are wedding rings worn on the fourth finger of the left hand?
It was once believed that a vein in that finger led straight to the heart.
- Ancient Greeks and Romans believed “this” protected the bride from evil spirits.
- In ancient Roman times, people thought evil spirits would attend the wedding to curse the bride and groom. What did the bridesmaids do to try and confuse the spirits and bring luck to the marriage?
They wore matching dresses exactly like the bride
All About The Bride
If using this category for your Jeopardy game, you can simply ask some personal questions about the bride-to-be to see how well guests know her.
Here are a few questions ideas to get you started:
- What movie has the bride seen the most times?
- Who is the bride’s favorite actor or actress?
- What is the bride’s favorite color?
- What is the bride’s favorite music style?
- Who is the bride’s favorite singer or band?
- What is the bride’s favorite animal?
- What is the bride’s most favorite food?
All About The Groom
If you are using this category, try to think of a few topics that you think a lot of guests might know the answer to, and then a few questions that not many would know the answer to.
Here are a few questions to help you get started:
- What was the groom’s first job
- What is the groom’s favorite movie?
- Who is the groom’s favorite singer or band?
- What is the groom’s favorite sports team?
- What is the groom’s biggest fear?
- What size shoe does he wear?
- What is the groom’s favorite music style?
All About The Couple
Here are a few question ideas about the couple to use for your wedding shower or bridal shower Jeopardy game:
- What year did the couple meet?
- Where did the couple meet?
- Who said “I love you” first?
- How many states have they been to together?
- Who proposed?
- How many countries have they been to together?
- What is their favorite thing to do together?
- How long did they date before getting engaged?
Details About The Couple’s Wedding
You can include this category if you want to have guests/platers try to guess info about the couple’s wedding.
- Where is the couple going on their honeymoon?
- What is the wedding date?
- Who is the Maid of Honor or Matron of Honor?
- How many dresses did the bride-to-be try on before finding “the one”?
- Who is the best man?
- What will their first dance song be?
- How many bridesmaids will be in the wedding party?
- How many groomsmen will be in the wedding party?
- What is their wedding hashtag?
- What size ring does the bride wear?
- How many guests did the couple invite?
Love Songs For Bridal Jeopardy
For the love songs category, you can do it in a couple of different ways.
- You can simply use a portion of the song lyrics and have players either guess who the song is by, or you can have the finish the next line of the song.
- You can have the songs cued up on your phone and play the section that you want guests to hear. Then they either guess who it’s by, or what the next words to the song are.
You can customize your song list, but here are a few son ideas to get you started:
“If you’re lost, you can look and you will find me…”
Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper
“So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I’m thinking out loud…” (What is the next line? Or who is the song by?)
Maybe we found love right where we are (Ed Sheeran)
“Wise men say
Only fools rush in
Can’t help falling in love with you (Elvis Presley)
“It’s a beautiful night
We’re looking for something dumb to do
I think I wanna marry you (Bruno Mars)
“Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I’ll be waiting, all there’s left to do is run
You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess…”
It’s a love story, baby, just say, “Yes” (Love Story by Taylor Swift)
“Oh, I wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah, I wanna dance with somebody…”
With somebody who loves me (Whitney Houston)
Final Jeopardy Questions
Here are a few questions to use for Final Jeopardy. You can customize this and make your own to make the game more personal.
- Who designed the bride’s wedding dress?
- What date did they get engaged?
- How many weddings are there each year in The United States? (closest answer wins) – 2.5 Million
- What is the average cost of a wedding in the US? (closest answer wins) – $31,500
- Serena Williams wore the most expensive wedding dress at her wedding. How much did it cost? (Closest answer wins) – $3.5 Million
- What is the average age of couples getting married? 28 years old
- What is the most common/average number of wedding guests at each wedding in the US? 131
- What is the most popular wedding dress style? A-Line (31% of dresses worn)
How Do You Play Bridal Shower Jeopardy?
Here are a few frequently asked questions about Bridal Jeopardy:
What is wedding Jeopardy? How do you play Bridal Jeopardy
Wedding Jeopardy (or Bridal Jeopardy) is a game that is based on the popular TV game show Jeopardy (formerly hosted by Alex Trebek).
Typically there are 4-5 different categories that are wedding-related. Each category has 5 different questions ranging from $100-$500 ($100 being the easiest and $500 being the hardest).
Players or teams take turns getting questions for the dollar amount and category that they want. Once the questions are read, any one of the teams can buzz in to answer, so it pays to be quick with the buzzer.
If they get the answer right, they get that dollar amount added to their total. If they get the answer wrong, they lose that dollar amount from their total.
At the end of the game, teams or players can wager as much as they want (from their total) for the final Jeopardy question.
The team or player with the most money after Final Jeopardy is the winner.
An Easier Way To Play Bridal Jeopardy (Game Card)
If making a Jeopardy game board and organizing this game seems too involved, you can use a pre-printed game card and have players fill them out while the bride-to-be is opening gifts.
We made a fun Bridal Jeopardy game card that you can download for free (at the bottom of the page)
What you need to play
- A Bridal Jeopardy game board (a few DIY ideas down below) or a pre-printed game card (free printable down below)
- A buzzer for each team
- The Jeopardy theme song for Final Jeopardy (This song loop on YouTube will play the Jeopardy theme song for 10 hours on loop. That should be enough, ha!)
- A prize for the winner of the game.
Resources for Bridal Jeopardy
- Our favorite card stock and mini personalized pencils for game cards (if printing your own game cards)
- 50 different game prize ideas for bridal shower games.
- Game buzzers from Amazon (Buzzer Style 1) and (Buzzer Style 2)
DIY Jeopardy Game Board
Here are a few DIY ideas for the Bridal Shower Jeopardy game:
Digital Jeopardy Game Board
This is a great tutorial video on how to make your own digital Jeopardy scoreboard using PowerPoint.
DIY Foamboard or Posterboard Jeopardy Game
You can also make your own game board using a big piece of foamboard. You can design and print your own category signs using free design software like Canva.
Here are a few DIY boards that were made by real brides:
Another great option is buying premade game cards on Etsy. We love these handmade designs by VerySweetBoutique on Etsy. All you need to do is grab a piece of foamboard from a place like Dollar Tree (20×30 works great for these game pieces)
Additional Bridal Shower Games and Resources
- 100 best bridal shower gifts for the bride-to-be or the couple
- Bridal shower songs to make the perfect music playlist
- 50 more bridal shower games with free printables
- Games that are perfect for a bachelorette party
- Everything you need to know about planning and hosting a bridal shower or wedding shower