Bridal Shower Scattergories Free Printable (Wedding Game)
Bridal Shower Scattergories is a really fun ice-breaker game to play at your bridal shower or wedding shower. Download a free printable game card (2 versions) below.
Guests take 5-10 minutes coming up with creative answers to wedding-related topics (with all players using the same letter).
- All guests are playing using the letter “B”
- One of the questions/categories might be: “Words to describe the bride”
- Some of the ansers that players might give are:
- Bridezilla (you better not write that one down, ha!)
You can make your answers as sweet or as funny as you want.
How Do You Play Scattergories At A Bridal Shower?
Bridal shower Scattergories is a really fun game that is perfect for smaller groups (15 people or less) at a bridal shower. Trying to play this game with big groups of people might take a little longer than you plan for.
Playing bridal shower Scattergories (often spelled bridal shower Scattegories by mistake) is pretty easy.
- Each player gets a Scattergories game card and something to write with.
- The bridal shower hostess or wedding shower host/hostess sets a timer (the timer on your phone or 1-2 songs from your bridal shower playlist works perfectly).
- Players fill in their answers for each letter on the card.
Note: We have provided game cards with the letters L.O.V.E. as well as a blank card with only categories/questions. This way you can choose your own letters (We actually like picking our own letters because “O”, “E”, and “V” are not great letters for Scattergories). Another option is using the first name initials of the couple.
- After the timer runs out, players take turns saying their answers out loud.
- If any two or more players have the same answer for the given category/question, everyone crosses off that answer and nobody gets a point for that specific question.
- Players give themselves 1 point for each unique answer on their game card.
- The guest with the most points wins the prize.
If there are 2-3 players with the same amount of points, you can give a prize to all of the winners, or you can play another quick round with another letter (for just the players who tied).
What You Need To Play Bridal Scattergories
You do not need much to play Bridal Scattergories, which is one of the reasons this is a favorite at wedding showers and bridal showers.
Here is what you will need to play:
- A wedding Scattergories game card for each player (download our free printable below)
- Something to write with for each player
- Timer (you can either use the timer on your phone, or you can use 1 song from your bridal shower playlist).
- A prize for the winner of the game (It’s possible that there will be multiple winners fo this game so pick a few different prizes just in case).
Resources that you might find helpful for Bridal Shower Scattergories
Here are a few things that you might be able to use:
- Our favorite game prizes for bridal Scattergories winners (and any other bridal shower games that you plan on playing)
- Resources for printing your own game cards (the best cardstock, mini personalized pencils, etc)
How To Make Your Own Wedding Scattergories Game Card
If you want to personalize your game cards, you can easily make your own game card with a free program like Canva.
If making your own personalized game card, here are some Scattergories category ideas to get you started:
- Wedding reception food
- Words to describe the bride
- Honeymoon destination
- Something you find in the honeymoon suite
- Types of wedding cake
- Words to describe the groom
- Things to bring on the honeymoon
- Songs to play at the reception
- A word to describe a wedding
- Wedding gifts
- Something old
- Something new
- Something borrowed
- Something blue
- Things newlyweds need
- Best things about marriage
- Word to describe bridesmaids
- Word to describe groomsmen
- A date night activity
- Wedding planning is…
- A romantic movie
*There is no answer key needed for this bridal shower game since every game will have unique answers.
More Bridal Shower Resources
Here are a few more articles that might be helpful for your bridal shower or wedding shower:
- A complete guide to planning and hosting a bridal shower/wedding shower.
- The best games to play at a bridal shower (plus free printables)
- Best bridal shower songs for an awesome playlist
- Download the He Said She Said game card for free
Download A Bridal Shower Scattergories Free Printable (PDF)
Click the download butting to get your free Bridal Shower Scattergories game card (LOVE version and the choose your own letters version):