Are you trying to find a funny or sweet caption for your “we got engaged” social media posts? Look no further, we have put together the best engagement quotes for Instagram and Facebook.
It’s true, a photo is worth a thousand words, but adding the perfect caption to your images can get you so many more likes and comments (and we all know that likes and comments are the main reasons we use social media).
Here is what we will cover in this article (feel free to jump to the section of captions and quotes that work best for you and your engagement):
- Funny engagement captions for Instagram
- Witty engagement captions (engagement quotes for Instagram)
- Non-cheesy engagement captions (simple, sweet, and cute)
- Engagement captions for myself (engagement quotes for Facebook)
- Captions and quotes from the newly engaged couple
- Engagement captions for guys
- Movie quotes to use with your “just engaged” Instagram or Facebook posts
- Just engaged hashtags (#s)
- FAQ (frequently asked questions) about announcing your engagement on Instagram or Facebook
Funny Engagement Captions For Instagram
If you are looking for a funny caption or quote to use when posting a photo of your engagement ring or announcing your engagement on Instagram and Facebook, these hilarious quotes are for you!
- Like Beyoncé, but with an “F”
- It’s about time!
- I never liked my last name anyway.
- He liked it so he put a ring on it! Thanks Beyoncé!
- Thank God I swiped right!
- If I had to pick a favorite finger, this one would be the one!
- He stole my heart, so I’m stealing his last name!
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
- Pop the champagne, she’s changing her name! (This is a good caption that your mom, sister, or best friend can use to announce your engagement)
- I’m so happy that I found a special person to annoy for the rest of my life.
- I can’t wait to be weird together for the rest of our lives!
- It’s true, diamonds really are a girl’s best friend!
- If you need me, I’ll be over here planning my wedding.
- The one where we got engaged.
- Sh*t just got real!
- He finally did it!
- I said no! #justkidding
- Here’s to being weird together forever.
- I don’t mean to give y’all the finger, but we did a thing.
- This sparkly hand proves that Tinder/Bumble/Hinge is not just for hook-ups.
- I think I need a new dress to go with this ring.
- Engaged AF!
Witty Engagement Captions (Fun Engagement Quotes for Instagram)
- “Engaged” definitley has a good ring to it!
- New life starts soon!
- Does this new ring make me look engaged?
- My heart is full (and my hand is heavy!).
- I already knew you were the one for me, but now I have proof to show my friends and family 🙂
- No longer available.
- Next vacation? Honeymoon! (This is a good engagement caption to use if you got engaged while on vacation)
- You can just call me Beyoncé with an “F”
- Pop the champagne, I’m changing my name.
- Life just got a lot more sparkly.
- “Looks like I can’t put my hand up during ‘Single Ladies’ anymore.
- It’s time to plan a wedding. Ring it on!
- My New Year’s resolution is to plan a wedding!
- Just taking in the view. (A good caption for a close up photo of your hand and engagement ring)
- Going out for my forever date. Don’t wait up.
- He sealed the deal.
- How am I you ask? Sparkling!
- Say hello to the future Mrs. (Insert name)
- F*cking finally!
Non Cheesy Engagement Captions (Social Media Quotes That Are Simple, Sweet, and Cute)
If you are looking to say something nice and normal about getting engaged, you will love these Instagram photo captions. Feel free to modify them to fit your personality.
- The Instagram post that you’ve all been waiting for.
- The easiest “Yes” I’ve ever said.
- All the feels.
- The future Mr./Mrs. (insert name)
- We’ve decided on forever.
- My whole heart, my whole life.
- I feel complete.
- I’ve been dreaming of this moment since I met you.
- Best surprise ever!
- And so the adventure begins.
- Here’s to love and laughter and happily ever after.
- So…..this happened!
- Forever and then some.
- Let the wedding planning begin.
- Cheers to forever.
- Finally engaged to my Prince Charming.
- The best ‘Yes’ of my life.
Engagement Captions for Myself (Engagement Quotes for Facebook From The Bride)
- I’m ready for forever.
- You had me at hello.
- I’m ready to be yours forever.
- He asked. I said “it’s about damn time”.
- I can’t wait to become a Mrs.!
- I’m over the moon about being engaged!
- I can’t wait to marry the love of my life!
- I’ll be the one in white!
- I said YES! Next up….I do!
- My life has been changed by falling in love.
Unique Engagement Captions
- Taking the trip of my dreams from Miss to Mrs.
- My first name + your last name = true love
- I’m still floating on cloud nine.
- Found my Genie in a bottle. All three wishes came true.
- Let this ring do the talking!
- You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess – Taylor Swift
- It’s a love story baby, I just said, “Yes”
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.
Engagement Quotes and Captions From The Newly Engaged Couple
- Two fewer fish in the sea.
- We have plenty to be thankful for this year.
- We’ve decided on forever.
- This is the next page of our love story.
- We’re getting married!
- Excited to start this new chapter in our lives!
- We can’t wait to get married and start our new life together!
- We’re engaged!
- Partners for Life.
- Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.
- We are officially off the market.
“A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.“— Winnie The Pooh
Engagement Captions For Guys
Guys typically say less than the girls when it comes to posting relationship-related info on social media, bet we still wanted to give the guys a few fun captions to use.
- Sorry girls! She forcefully placed a ring on my finger.
- Officially off the market!
- I wanna grow old with you.
- Finally put a ring on it!
- She said yes!
- Meet my forever valentine.
- She’s the one for me, and I bought the ring to prove it!
- New nickname? Call me lord of the rings
- I’m engaged!
- She’s my lobster.
- Time to update the Facebook relationship status!
- My best friend is engaged…….to me!
- I can’t believe she said YES!!!
- Soon-to-be husband
- It’s official: I’m marrying my best friend
- She got the ring, but I got the real prize.
- I’m ready to spend the rest of my life with her.
- She said yes! I’m the luckiest guy in the world.
Movie Quotes That Are Perfect For Couples Who Just Got Engaged
Are you recently engaged? These quotes from movies and tv shows are a perfect addition to add to engagement photos. Grab one of these famous quotes and use it as a photo caption for your engagement announcement on Instagram or Facebook.
1. “She’s your lobster. Come on, you guys.
It’s a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, you know, holding claws.” – Friends
2. “A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.” – Winnie The Pooh
3. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.” – The Princess And The Frog
4. Pam: “You came up to my desk, and you said, ‘This might sound weird, and there’s no reason for me to know this, but that mixed-berry yogurt you’re about to eat has expired.’ “
Jim: “That was the moment that you knew you liked me?”
Jim: “Wow. Can we make it a different moment?”
– Pam to Jim from The Office
5. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are.” – Juno
6. “Love is a song that never ends.” – Bambi
7. Cam: “When a male is sweet on a female, he searches the entire beach to find the perfect pebble to present to her. When he finally finds it, he waddles over and presents the stone by placing it at her feet. If she accepts, they’ll be life-long mates.”
Charlie: “It’s kind of like an engagement ring.” – From Good Luck Chuck
8. “This is the miracle that I’ve been dreaming of. So, this is love.” – Cinderella
9. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.” – Will Ferrell
10. “You are my greatest adventure.” – The Incredibles
11. “No measure of time with you will be long enough, but we’ll start with forever.” – Breaking Dawn
12. “When I’m with you I don’t feel so alone.” – Hercules
13. “How do you spell love? You don’t spell love. You feel it.” – Piglet and Pooh from Winnie The Pooh
14. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
15. “Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories.” – Aladdin
16. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.” – 50 First Date
17. “We’re simply meant to be” – Nightmare Before Christmas
18. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together, and I knew it. I knew it the first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car, and I knew it. It was like magic.” – Sleepless in Seattle
19. “Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours.” – Olaf from Frozen
20. “I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you.” – Message In A Bottle
21. “I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.” – Pocahontas
22. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.” – Eat Pray Love
23. “Let me share this whole new world with you.” – Aladdin
24. “I am who I am because of you.” – The Notebook
25. “True love is your soul’s recognition of its counterpart in another.” – Wedding Crashers
26. “I made a wish upon a star, I turned around, and there you were.” – Bolt
27. “So this is love. So this is what makes life divine.” – Cinderella
Just Engaged Hashtags (Engagement #s)
We love these “just engaged” hashtags (#s). If you need a fun or clever hashtag to use on one of your Instagram or Facebook photos when announcing your engagement, one of these will definitely work.
- #FutureMrs(Married Name)
- #Goodbye(Maiden Name)Hello(Married Name)
- #Finally(Married Name)
- #SoonToBe(Married Name)
- #From(Maiden Name)To(Married Name)
- #MrAndMrs(Married Name)
- #(Married Name)HasANiceRingToIt
“No measure of time with you will be long enough, but we’ll start with forever.“Breaking Dawn
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Announcing Your Engagement On Social Media
We have seen many different questions being asked about posting your engagement photos on Instagram and Facebook. We have picked a few of the questions and answered them below.
What do you say in an engagement post?
When you make a post on Instagram or Facebook, you want to keep it short and sweet.
You can post a photo of your ring, a photo of the two of you, or simply make a plain text meme in Canva.
Pick a caption or quote that fits your personality. Read through the captions on this page. There is something for almost everyone.
How do you say I’m engaged? How do you announce engagement on Instagram?
Should I post my engagement on social media?
Posting your engagement to social media is a very personal decision. If you are a social person by nature, definitely share away. If you love the comments and likes on your posts, there are 4 moments in your life that will get the most likes and comments.
- The very first engagement photo you post (so make it a great photo!)
- The first wedding photo that you post
- The first photo of you announcing that you are pregnant (if you end up having kids)
- The first photo of your 1st baby (if you have kids)
Do I have to announce engagement?
No, you do not have to announce your engagement to anyone if you prefer to keep it private. Most people announce their engagement to their closest friends and family members soon after getting engaged. They will eventually find out, so it’s best that the news comes directly from you, and not a random social media post.
Some people like to keep their private life off of social media. If this is you, don’t feel pressured to make an announcement on Facebook or Instagram.
Should I post my engagement ring on Instagram?
This is a very personal decision. Some people are going to say it’s fine to share. Some are going to tell you not to post your new expensive ring on social media.
If you want to announce your engagement on Instagram and Facebook, a good compromise would be to post a photo of the two of you with your ring showing (but not a close-up).
Most people are fine with showing off their ring, but if it makes you a little uncomfortable, don’t feel obligated to do it. Do whatever makes you comfortable. This is pretty much going to be our advice when it comes to anything wedding planning-related.
How long should you wait to announce your engagement? Who should I tell about my engagement?
Most couples immediately tell their closest family and friends as soon as they are engaged (parents, siblings, grandparents, best friends, etc.). The main reason for this is that you want them to hear the news directly from you, and not from someone else in your circle. The longer you wait, the better the chance that the new exciting news gets leaked out.
By telling your parents and siblings right away, you avoid hurt feelings.
You can take as long as you want to announce to anyone else, but we are guessing that you are going to want to share this amazing news right away.
*A quick note about the captions and quotes in this article. Some of the captions mentioned are specific to a man to a woman, or a woman to a man. If you are having an LGBTQ wedding, you can simply change the wording to fit your relationship. Most of the captions will work for any relationship but we wanted to mention it.
If you have not had your official engagement session yet, check out this article:
After your wedding, make sure you come back to check out all of our awesome wedding quotes for Instagram.