Father-daughter dance songs come in a really wide range of styles.
We asked over 250 brides and wedding DJs what they thought were the best father-daughter dance songs for 2021.
We have put together an awesome list of their answers (with audio samples) to help you out.
Ask yourself a couple of questions when choosing the best song to dance to with your father:
- Do you already have a favorite song that makes you think about your dad?
- Do you want the song to be emotional?
- Do you want a more upbeat and fun song?
- Do you love country music?
By choosing the perfect dad-and-daughter dance song, there won’t be a dry eye in the room.
Scroll down below and listen to some of the amazing choices (There is a really fun idea at the bottom for the bride looking to do something out of the ordinary for the father-daughter dance).
The father-daughter wedding songs from PA Unveiled are organized by section:
- Our favorites
- Slow tempo songs
- Medium/upbeat tempo songs
- Country songs
Once you are finished here, make sure you check out our best mother-son wedding dance songs. Plus you can check out our ultimate list of 197 of the best wedding reception dance songs.
Our Favorite Father-Daughter Songs
- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
- “Fathers & Daughters” by Boyce Avenue
- “Sweet Pea” by Amos Lee
- “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by James Taylor
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by The Shires
Slow Tempo Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
- “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “What A Wonderful World” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Unforgettable” by Natalie Cole (Duet with Nat ‘King’ Cole)
- “Unforgettable” by Nat ‘King’ Cole
- “Times Of Your Life” by Paul Anka
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Michael Buble (we also have 19 other wedding songs by Michael Bublé if you’re a fan)
- “Little Miss Magic” By Jimmy Buffet
- “Fathers and Daughters” by Michael Bolton
Medium/Upbeat Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
- “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright lll
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra (more Frank Sinatra wedding songs)
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
Country Songs For Your Father-Daughter Dance
- “Just Fishin” by Trace Adkins
- “In My Daughters Eyes” by Martina McBride
- “Dance With My Daughter” by Jason Blaine
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)” by Zac Brown Band
- “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” by Darius Rucker
- “Daddy” by Abby Anderson
- “Daddy Dance With Me” by Krystal Keith
- “Tough Little Boys” by Gary Allan
- “For My Daughter” by Kane Brown
The songs above got the most votes from our poll. Below are some of the honorable mentions that might give you a few additional ideas:
- “You Are The Sunshine of My Life“ by Stevie Wonder
- “The Wonder of You“ by Elvis Presley
- “A Wink and a Smile“ by Harry Connick Jr.
- “The Best Day“ by Taylor Swift
- “Hero“ by Mariah Carey
- “Daddy“ by Beyonce
- “Landslide“ by Fleetwood Mac
- “She’s a Rainbow“ by The Rolling Stones
- “Come Fly With Me“ by Frank Sinatra (more Frank Sinatra wedding dance songs)
- “Wide Open Spaces“ by The Dixie Chicks
- “Stealing Cinderella“ by Chuck Wicks
- “Your Song“ by Elton John
- “First Man” by Camila Cabello
- “Zoe Jane” by Staind
A few brides that we talked to gave us some great ideas for those whose fathers have passed away. Here are some of the thoughts/ideas that they shared:
- Have a mother-daughter dance instead (We are putting together a list this week for mother-daughter dance songs. Come back shortly to see it)
- Dance with the person you chose to walk you down the aisle, or another important person in your life (your brother, uncle, godfather, etc.) “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra is a great choice for this.
- Play one of your father’s favorite songs and have everyone join in on the dance floor for a celebration (we loved this idea!)
If you are looking to do something different and fun for your father-daughter dance, we found this amazing video! You should definitely watch it for some fun ideas:
Check out more of our wedding song choices and additional wedding planning resources:
- Make sure to follow us on Pinterest for daily wedding planning tips and loads of photo inspiration.
- Since this article is all about fathers and daughters, check out these 18 amazing father-daughter first look wedding photos (including videos and tips)
- Best songs for your wedding first dance.
- If you are doing a joint father-daughter & mother-son dance together, here are the best-combined parent dance songs.
- We polled 350 wedding DJs and wedding couples/guests about the best reception music. We have put together the ultimate list of wedding reception songs to dance to.
- 57 best songs for the parent’s entrance at a wedding reception.
- Now that you have picked out the perfect song for you and your dad, it’s time to listen to our best mother-son wedding dance songs. We even have a post on the best heavy metal and hard rock wedding songs or the best Elvis Presley wedding songs.
- The most important questions to ask your wedding DJ.
- We put together a wedding planning timeline and checklist to keep you on track with all of those big (and little) decisions.
- If you are looking to attend a bridal show in Pennsylvania, here is a great list of PA bridal shows.
- We update our blog a few times per week. Check back often for more wedding planning tips and advice.
- Make sure to follow PA Unveiled on Instagram. We post daily photos filled with wedding planning inspiration and advice (plus you will love our wedding-related memes in our Instagram Stories)