Father-daughter dance songs come in a really wide range of styles.
We asked over 200 brides and wedding DJs what they thought were the best father-daughter dance songs.
We have put together an awesome list of their answers (with audio) to help you out.
Ask yourself a couple of questions when choosing the best song to dance to with your father:
- Do you already have a favorite song that makes you think about your dad?
- Do you want the song to be emotional?
- Do you want a more upbeat and fun song?
- Do you love country music?
By choosing the perfect dad-and-daughter dance song, there won’t be a dry eye in the room.
Scroll down below and listen to some of the amazing choices (There is a really fun idea at the bottom for the bride looking to do something out of the ordinary for the father-daughter dance).
The father-daughter wedding songs from PA Unveiled are organized by section:
- Our favorites
- Slow tempo songs
- Medium/upbeat tempo songs
- Country songs
Our Favorite Father-Daughter Songs
1. “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman
2. “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
3. “Sweet Pea” by Amos Lee
4. “How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You” by James Taylor
5. “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
6. “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
7. “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
8. “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift
9. “Daddy’s Little Girl” by The Shires
Slow Tempo Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
10. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
11. “What A Wonderful World” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
12. “Unforgettable” by Natalie Cole (Duet with Nat ‘King’ Cole)
13. “Unforgettable” by Nat ‘King’ Cole
14. “Times Of Your Life” by Paul Anka
15. Daddy’s Little Girl by Michael Buble
16. “Little Miss Magic” By Jimmy Buffet
17. “Fathers and Daughters” by Michael Bolton
Medium/Upbeat Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
18. “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright lll
19. “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
20. “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
21. “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
22. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
23. “My Girl” by The Temptations
24. “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
25. “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
26. “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
27. “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
Country Songs For Your Father-Daughter Dance
28. “Just Fishin” by Trace Adkins
29. “In My Daughters Eyes” by Martina McBride
30. “Dance With My Daughter” by Jason Blaine
31. “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
32. “I’ll Be Your Man (Song For A Daughter)” by Zac Brown Band
33. “It Won’t Be Like This For Long” by Darius Rucker
34. “Daddy” by Abby Anderson
The songs above got the most votes from our poll. Below are some of the honorable mentions that might give you a few additional ideas:
- “You Are The Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- “The Wonder of You” by Elvis Presley
- “A Wink and a Smile” by Harry Connick Jr.
- “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
- “Hero” by Mariah Carey
- “Daddy” by Beyonce
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
- “She’s a Rainbow” by The Rolling Stones
- “Come Fly With Me” by Frank Sinatra
- “Wide Open Spaces” by The Dixie Chicks
- “Stealing Cinderella” by Chuck Wicks
- “Your Song” by Elton John
A few brides that we talked to gave us some great ideas for those whose fathers have passed away. Here are some of the thoughts/ideas that they shared:
- Have a mother-daughter dance instead (We are putting together a list this week for mother-daughter dance songs. Come back shortly to see it)
- Dance with the person you chose to walk you down the aisle, or another important person in your life (your brother, uncle, godfather, etc.) “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra is a great choice for this.
- Play one of your father’s favorite songs and have everyone join in on the dance floor for a celebration (we loved this idea!)
If you are looking to do something different and fun for your father-daughter dance, we found this amazing video! You should definitely watch it for some fun ideas:
Check out our wedding planning resources:
Since this article is all about fathers and daughters, check out these 18 amazing father daughter first look wedding photos (including videos and tips)
We put together a wedding planning timeline and checklist to keep you on track with all of those big (and little) decisions.
If you are looking to attend a bridal show in Pennsylvania, here is a great list of PA bridal shows.
We update our blog a few times per week. Check back often more wedding planning tips and advice.
Make sure to follow PA Unveiled on Instagram. We post daily photos filled with wedding planning inspiration and advice (plus you will love our wedding related memes in our Instagram Stories)