Are you looking for the best flower girl entrance songs to use for your wedding ceremony or reception?
We have some fantastic suggestions for you!
Here is what we cover in this post:
- Funny flower girl entrance songs
- Sweet flower girl songs
- Instrumental flower girl songs
- Country flower girl entrance songs
Funny Flower Girl Entrance Songs For Your Wedding Ceremony or Reception
Here are a few funny and light-hearted songs that you can use for the flower girl entrance (some are just upbeat songs that would make the reception entrance fun and energetic):
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston (A great song choice for the reception entrance)
- “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé (Another excellent song idea for the wedding reception entrance)
- “Beauty and the Beast” From Beauty and the Beast (A great song to use if the flower girl is walking down the aisle with the ring bearer)
- “Everything Is Awesome (The Lego Movie)” by Tegan and Sara
- “Shake It Off” by Taylor Swift (not really a funny song…just a fun, upbeat song that many little girls love)
- “I Gotta Feeling” by Black Eyes Peas
- “Can’t Stop The Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “Party In The USA” by Miley Cyrus
- “Back In Black” by AC/DC
- “I Love Rock and Roll” by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- “Celebration” Kool & The Gang
- “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
- “We Go Together (From the Movie Grease)” by John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John, and The Grease Cast (A great song to use for the flower girl and ring bearer together….or the entire wedding party entering the reception together)
- “Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys
Sweet Songs To Use For The Flower Girl’s Wedding Ceremony Entrance
Here are some sweet music ideas to use for the flower girl walking down the aisle:
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “When You Wish Upon A Star” From Pinocchio
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)” by Colbie Caillat
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- “What A Wonderful World” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- “Can You Feel The Love Tonight (The Lion King)” by Elton John
- “Beauty and The Beast (Tale as Old as Time)” by Ariana Grande and John Legend
- “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” from Cinderella
Instrumental Flower Girl Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To
Here are a few beautiful instrumental songs for the flower girl to walk down the aisle to:
- “Love Story (Taylor Swift)” by Alan Milan
- “Princess Leia’s Theme” by John Williams (Star Wars)
- “A Whole New World (Aladdin Soundtrack)” by Daniel Jang
- “A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)” by Daniel Jang & AMoney
- “Don’t Stop Believin’ (Journey)” by Midnite String Quartet
- “Pure Imagination (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Theme)” by Brooklyn Duo
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine (Guns N’ Roses)” by Midnite String Quartet
- “Forrest Gump Theme” by Alan Silvestri (The feather scene song)
- “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” from The Lion King
- “Be Our Guest” from Beauty and the Beast
Country Songs For The Flower Girl Entrance
For all you country music fans, here are a few country songs to use for the flower girl entrance:
- “This One’s For The Girls” by Martina McBride
- “Little Bitty” by Alan Jackson
- “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
Flower Girl FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are a few common questions that we hear about the flower girl’s role during the wedding ceremony:
What song do flower girls normally walk to?
You can have the flower girl walk down the aisle to any song you want. Most weddings with a flower girl use the same song for the flower girl and the wedding party. Typically only the bride gets her own song.
But we do see a few weddings each year where the flower girl gets her own special song when walking down the aisle.
It is much more common to have a special song picked out for the flower girl entering the reception.
Remember…this is your wedding, and you get to make the rules with most of these little details.
Does the flower girl walk out to the same song as the bride?
No, the flower girl typically walks down the aisle to her own song or the same song as the other bridesmaids. The bride is usually the only person who gets her own song.
But these are not set rules. You can make your own rules when it comes to ceremony music.
What do flower girls walk down the aisle with?
The flower girl usually walks down the aisle with a basket of flower petals. She sprinkles them down the aisle so the bride can walk on top of them when she walks down after the flower girl.
We have also seen flower girls carry cute signs or even walk pets down the aisle.
This is your wedding, so have the flower girl do something that you find special.
When does the flower girl walk down the aisle? Does the flower girl walk in front of the bride? Does the flower girl walk before the Maid of Honor and the other bridesmaids?
Typically the flower girl walks down the aisle right before the bride.
The wedding processional usually goes in this order (some ceremonies have a slightly different order. Do whatever makes the most sense for you and your family):
- Officiant/Priest and groom
- Parents of the groom
- Mother of the bride
- Bridesmaids (Maid of Honor last)
- Ring bearer
- Flower girl
- Bride and her father
Can you have more than one flower girl?
Absolutely! We have photographed and planned weddings with as many as six flower girls. It is very common to see 2-3 flower girls at a wedding.
Does the flower girl have to carry flowers?
No, the flower girl does not have to carry flowers.
We have seen flower girls walk with flower baskets, cute signs, pulling a wagon with a younger sibling, walking a dog, or simply walking down and looking adorable with nothing but a smile.
Does the flower girl attend the wedding rehearsal?
Yes, typically, the flower girl attends the wedding rehearsal and dinner. It is a great way to let her see the what/when/where when walking down the aisle. It will make her feel much more comfortable when the actual ceremony happens.
It is not required, but the flower girl is usually a part of the rehearsal process.
More Wedding Song Ideas
Here are a few more wedding song articles that you might find helpful when planning your wedding day music:
- Best Ring Bearer Entrance Songs
- The Ultimate Wedding Song Guide
- Entrance songs for the entire wedding party
Additional Wedding Planning Tips
Here are a few more articles that you might find helpful when planning for your wedding day: