The I Spy Wedding Game is a great way to keep kids entertained at your wedding reception.
We have all been to weddings where the younger guests start getting bored right after they finish eating.
A fun activity like the I Spy Wedding Game.
I have photographed over 500 weddings and have seen this game played at many weddings. It is always a hit!
What Is The I Spy Wedding Game (and How To Play)?
There are three main ways to play the Wedding I Spy game.
The first way to play I Spy is where the kids have a sheet of paper with a variety of wedding-themed items that they are trying to find (wedding cake, dress, heart, rings, etc.).
Players look through the maze of pictures and try to find as many of each item as they can (Example shown below).
The other way to play I Spy at a wedding is where the players are given a card that has a big list of things that they are supposed to find at the wedding.
Players look for the items and mark them off as they find them.
Lots of examples of what to include can be found in the next section.
Version 3 (Perfect For Both Adults And Kids)
Another way to play the I Spy game is to play version 2 with a camera.
We recommend playing with disposable cameras (this way, the couple gets all the photos).
Another option is to have guests use their phones. One downside to not using disposable cameras is that some guests forget to send photos to the couple.
Players are given a list of items and take photos of each item they can find.
Kids and adults love playing this version of the I Spy game, plus the couple ends up with a bunch of unique photos of their wedding day.
Items To Include In Your Wedding I Spy Game
If you are making up your Wedding I Spy game cards, here are some items that you could include:
- Wedding cake
- The bride’s bouquet
- The groom’s boutonniere
- Two wedding rings
- The bride’s dress
- Wedding Invitation
- Table number
- Photo booth props
- A candle
- Dinner menu card
- Wedding shoes
- Wedding photographer
- Ring bearer
- Flower girl
- The Maid of Honor
- The Best Man
- Table centerpieces
- Wedding cake topper
- Dessert that is not cake
- Wedding DJ
And here are some more things to find:
- The bride tossing the bouquet
- Bride and groom doing their first dance
- Three or more people in the photo booth
- The bride and groom cutting the cake
- The bride and groom sharing a kiss
- A group of people doing a line dance on the dance floor
- A conga line on the dance floor
- A guest on the dance floor with their shoes off
- A kid dancing on the dance floor
- Two or more people taking a selfie together
- Someone giving a wedding speech
- Someone wearing a funny hat in the photo booth
- Three or more bridesmaids dancing together
- The groom or groomsmen doing a funny dance
- Someone signing the guestbook
- A guest eating wedding cake
Free Printable Game Card For The I Spy Wedding Game
Download a free I Spy game card (we have included two different versions in the downloadable PDF).
Once you have downloaded your PDF, print as many copies as you want.
More Wedding Planning Tips and Resources
Here are a few more articles that you might find helpful while planning your special day: