If you are looking for some fun and unique gifts to give your best man and groomsmen on the wedding day (or at the rehearsal dinner), we have the perfect collection for you!
Your wedding party is filled with friends and family who are some of the most important people in your life. We have found gift ideas for all personalities (and all price ranges so you don’t have to worry about breaking your wedding budget).
Click one of the links below to go right to the section you are looking for:
- Top 10 most popular groomsmen gift ideas from the groom
- Groomsmen gifts (under $100)
- Best gifts for groomsmen (under $50)
- Groomsmen gift ideas (under $20)
- Funny and unique gift ideas for your best man and groomsmen
- Groomsmen gift ideas for $10 or less
Top 10 Most Popular Groomsmen Gift Ideas From The Groom
Out of the 400+ groomsmen and grooms that we polled, these 10 gift ideas were the most popular with the guys:
Beer Cooler Bag
This was the most popular groomsmen gift out of the entire list. It holds 12 beers and comes with a beer bottle opener. This beer cooler bag is fully lined with waterproof insulation. You can have it personalized with initials or name (or you can order it without any personalization). Such a cool gift for your best man and groomsmen. Sold by Confetti Momma on Etsy.
Gift Ideas (Under $100)
Personalized Cigar Set
This travel cigar humidor is one of the best groomsmen gift ideas out there. Includes an ostrich-style leather case, a flip-top refillable butane torch lighter, and a guillotine cigar cutter. The quality of this case is outstanding! Definitely a fan favorite. Sold by InfinityStudioCo on Etsy
Gift Ideas (Under $50)
Gift Ideas (Under $20)
Purchasing an awesome gift for your groomsmen does not have to break the bank. We found a bunch of awesome choices for under $20 to hand out on the big day.
Funny and Unique Gift Ideas For your Best Man and Groomsmen
Depending on the personality of your friends and family members, sometimes a traditional wedding gift simply won’t cut it.
We found some amazing gift ideas for those who have a sense of humor. We think you’re going to love them!
Groomsmen Gift Ideas for $10 or Less
All of the items in our $10 or less category are handmade items made and sold by small businesses on Etsy (same with all of the items above in the $20, $50, and $100 categories). All of the items that are listed on this page are of outstanding quality. We spent a lot of time picking out the perfect gift ideas.
Here are some of our favorite gifts that are $10 or less:
- High-quality engraved can coolers make a great gift that anyone loves.
- Engraved double rocks glasses.
- Personalized bottle openers are a great gift for anyone.
- These personalized flasks are a really great gift to give your groomsmen.
- Personalized socks are a very practical gift for the wedding day. They work for the groom, best men, groomsmen, ring bearer, father-of-the-groom, and the father-of-the-bride.
- We really like these socks too!
- And one more option for socks for those who want a little more unique style.
- These personalized money clips are fantastic!
- An engraved pocket watch is a cool gift.
- This engraved pocket knife makes a really amazing gift for anyone.
Some additional gift ideas to get you started:
- A six-pack of local beers (you can put them in a nice custom box like this one from Amazon).
- Something from his favorite sports team.
- A funny shirt from a favorite movie that you share (like Step Brothers, The Hangover, or Dumb and Dumber).
- A nerdy gift from Star Wars, Star Trek, or Lord of The Rings.
- Video Games or something interactive that you can do together.
- We love these Swiss Army Knives from Amazon. They also have a smaller/less expensive version here.
- Check out these Bluetooth speakers on Amazon. We love this one and this one.
- We love Etsy because the items are handmade and really high quality. Plus it’s really nice to support small businesses. There are so many cool gift ideas for groomsmen.
- If you need gift bags for your purchases, Amazon has these cool-looking black bags that are very inexpensive.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Should I Get My Groomsmen (A Gift)?
If you are going to buy your best man and groomsmen something, it should be a practical gift. They will appreciate something that they can actually use. That’s why we love the idea of engraving items like toiletry bags, shot glasses, money clips, knives, beer mugs, and other cool items.
Try to think of something that would be a great addition to their man cave, house, or garage.
The best groomsmen gifts are the ones that you put some thought into.
We recommend going for something high-quality (this does not have to be expensive). The handmade items that we listed above are all high quality and some of those prices are only $10-$20.
Who Else Does The Groom Buy A Gift For?
It all depends if you are the gift-giving type of person. If you are, you could get something for the ring bearer, junior groomsmen, fathers, grandfathers, brothers, and of course your wife-to-be (or husband-to-be).
How much should you spend on your groomsmen gifts?
You should only spend what you can afford. This amount of going to be different for everyone.
As you can see from the list above, there are great gift ideas no matter what amount of money you want to spend.
Your best man and groomsmen are not expecting expensive gifts from you. They are simply going to be happy spending the day hanging out with you and the rest of the guys.
Are you supposed to give groomsmen gifts?
This is your wedding day and you make the rules. If you want to know what’s normal, about 75% of the weddings we are involved with include gifts for the wedding party. These do not have to be fancy or cost you a lot of money. Just a simple “thank you for being here on my wedding day” gift will do.
The old saying “It’s the thought that counts” really fits well here.
What gift do you give your best man (Should it be different than the other groomsmen gifts)?
Out of all the weddings that we have been involved with (over 450), the best man typically gets the same gift like the rest of the groomsmen. On a few different occasions, we have seen the groom get the best man a little something extra (this is usually if the best man is also the groom’s brother). It’s totally up to you but normal practice is getting everyone the same gift.
Should We Engrave The Gifts?
This will be different for everybody. There are no rules.
We personally think engraved practical gifts are awesome since they add a personal touch. It is something that each person can use, but it also has a personal note/message on the gift that reminds them of you, your wedding, and your friendship. It’s the perfect way to say thank you to the important men in your life.
When engraving your gift you can do it in a few different ways. Here are a couple of common ideas to get you started:
- The groomsman’s name
- His initials
- The couple’s name
- The wedding date (we don’t love putting the wedding date on gifts, but some other people love it).
- A nickname
- A funny or sentimental saying or quote that means something between the two of you.
When should you give the best man and groomsmen their gifts?
The best time to give the best man and groomsmen their gift is either at the bachelor party, rehearsal dinner, or when you first meet up to get ready on the day of the wedding. We personally recommend doing it at the rehearsal dinner. This way they do not have to find a place to store it at the hotel or wedding venue.
Additional Wedding Planning Resources and Tips
- Great wedding gift ideas for your sister.
- A wedding day essentials and accessories list.
- If you are on this gift page, you could be just about anywhere in your wedding planning journey. We recommend taking a look at our wedding planning timeline. There is something helpful in there no matter if your wedding is in 1 year or 3 days.
- If you are recently engaged, you can take a look at our “Just Engaged Guide“.
- If you are planning your reception, we have put together multiple articles with over 700 song recommendations. You can see it right here.
- Make sure to follow us on Instagram for photo inspirations, planning tips, and funny wedding memes.
- If you are on Pinterest, you can follow us here. We post new articles twice a week and they get posted to Pinterest first.
If you have a gift that you think belongs on this list, send us a quick message and let us know. We are always looking for new ideas.