When it’s time to cut the cake at your wedding, pick out a song that fits your personality.
We asked 100 couples and 25 different DJs to give us their favorite cake-cutting song. We have listed the most popular below.
In this article we will cover the following:
- What is a good cake cutting song?
- Funny cake cutting songs.
- Rock & roll cake cutting songs.
- Country cake cutting songs.
- Frequently asked questions (do you have to cut the cake, what does it symbolize, how do you cut it, etc.).
- More wedding songs and planning resources.
What is a good cake cutting song?
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by James Taylor
- “The Sweetest Thing” by U2
- “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)” by The Four Tops
- “Sugar Sugar” by The Archies
- “Cut The Cake” by The Average White Band
- “How Sweet It Is” by Michael Bublé
- “Sugar” by Maroon 5
- “Cuts Like Knife” by Bryan Adams
- “Yummy” by Justin Beiber
- “Cake” by Flo Rida & 99 Percent
- “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations
- “Cake By The Ocean” by DNCE
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
- “That’s Amore” by Dean Martin
- “Lollipop” by The Chordettes
- “The Candy Man” by Sammy Davis Jr.
- “I Want Candy” by Bow Wow Wow
- “A Spoonful of Sugar (Mary Poppins)” by Julie Andrews
- “Candyman” by Christina Aguilera
- “I Kissed A Girl” by Katy Perry
- “Tutti Frutti” by Little Richard
Funny Cake Cutting Songs
- “Eat It” by Weird Al Yankovic
- “Sugalumps” by Flight of The Conchords
- “Cups and Cakes” by Spinal Tap
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar
- “Jaws (Main Theme)” by John Williams
- “Milkshake” by Kelis
Rock & Roll Cake Cutting Songs
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard (If you love songs from the eighties, we put together an article containing over 300 songs from the 80s for your wedding day)
- “Cherry Pie” by Warrant
- “Sweet Emotion” by Aerosmith
- “Ice Cream Man” by Van Halen
- “Piece Of Cake” by Weezer
- “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Lick It Up” by Kiss
Country Cake cutting songs
- “Honey Bee” by Blake Shelton
- “Sweet Thing” by Keith Urban
- “The Kiss” by Faith Hill
- “Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not” by Thompson Square
- “Tip Of My Tongue” by Kenny Chesney
- “Felt Good On My Lips” by Tim McGraw
More Wedding Songs and Resources
- What is a good song for the garter toss or bouquet toss? Here are our favorites.
- Perfect songs for the first dance.
- The best mother-son wedding dance songs.
- Our favorite father-daughter wedding dance songs.
- The best bridal party wedding reception entrance songs.