A wedding day emergency kit is something that every bride should consider putting together.
We have been to so many weddings and watched the bride or bridesmaids scramble to find a simple item like scissors, safety pins, or stain remover.
By planning ahead and gathering up all of the items that you might need on the day of the wedding, you are setting yourself up for a very relaxing morning of getting ready with your girls.
What to put in a wedding day emergency kit
These are the must-haves when putting together your bridal emergency kit:
- A small sewing kit – A sewing kit like this (or this) is one of the most useful items that you can include in your wedding day emergency kit. You never know when the bride or one of the bridesmaids will need a quick fix.
- Pain relievers – We recommend putting some Tylenol and Advil/Ibuprofen in your wedding survival kit. Someone in your wedding party or family will appreciate this even if you don’t end up needing it.
- Antacids (Tums, Pepto, etc.)
- Double stick fashion tape – Don’t let a wardrobe malfunction get the better of you on your wedding day. We recommend Fearless Tape (they have a sensitive skin version too) or Hollywood Fashion Secrets.
- Hair ties
- Stain remover – We recommend Shout Wipes, Tide To Go, or Mommy Wipes
- White Chalk (dustless) – After using your stain remover, use white chalk to finish the job and cover up that stain.
- Bobby pins – Grab a pack of blonde, black or brunette.
- Safety pins (assorted sizes)
- Lint roller –
- Hand and face wipes
- Oil blotting tissues for face – We recommend these and these.
- Extra makeup
- Extra contact lenses
- Toothbrush and dental floss
- Nail file
- Eyelash glue
- Tissues – You know someone is going to cry. We like these individual travel size packs.
- Eye drops – Something like Clear Eyes or Visine will do the trick.
- Mints or breath strips – Make sure your breath is perfect for that wedding day first kiss! We love these Listerine Breath Strips. If you prefer candy, something like Life Savers will be perfect. We recommend getting the bag of individually wrapped candy. This way everyone in the wedding party can grab one when they need to freshen up their breath.
- Nail file
- Your favorite lotion
- A razor
- Wedding day snacks (non messy)
- Bottled water
- Static Guard
- Compact cosmetic mirror – You can either get a simple one like this, or you can get one with LED lights built in like this. Or you can really spoil yourself and get this 3″ Kate Spade mirror.
- Earring backs – White gold hypoallergenic or 14k gold
- Tampons – Better safe than sorry
- Mosquito repellent – We highly recommend this Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard – I love these wipes so much. My family has tried every mosquito repellent in the world and nothing has worked as well as these wipes (We also use and love the lotion version that contains SPF 30 sunscreen). It doesn’t have that bad chemical smell that most repellents do (contains no DEET). If you are spending any amount of time outdoors, you will definitely want to grab one of these products above.
We also recommend keeping these essential items in your wedding day bridal bag:
- A portable bluetooth speaker – One of the best things you can do to liven up your getting ready room is to have your favorite music and playlists playing in the background. Getting ready on your wedding day without music can really make things boring for you and your bridesmaids. By having a portable bluetooth speaker in the room, you or anyone else with a phone can put on their favorite playlist. If you have a limited budget, you should check out the Anker Soundcore or the Oontz Angel 3. If you have a little more to spend, you should definitely check out the Bose SoundLink Micro, the JBL Flip 4 or the Echo Plus (2nd Gen).
- Portable clothing steamer – Having a portable clothing steamer on the wedding can be a real stress reducer. We recommend the BEAUTURAL Steamer, Hilife Steamer or the OGHom Steamer
- Flip flops – A cute pair of flip flops or flats for the morning of your wedding day.
- Extra cash
- Thank you cards – Put an extra pack of these thank you cards on your list of wedding day must haves. They might come in handy if you need to thank or tip any wedding vendors that you might have forgot about.
- A pen
- Cups and straws – Do your lipstick a favor and grab these cute cups and straws for the bridal getting ready kit
- Portable fan – Stay cool on your wedding day with the help of a small portable fan. We love the SkyGenius. You should also check out the COMLIFE Misting Fan
- Portable Charger Battery – This powerful little portable charger will give you and your wedding party a way to charge your phones all day long, no matter where you are.
- Phone charger
- Wedding dress hanger
- A cute outfit to wear while you get ready with the girls
- Instant camera – If you love candid photos, we highly recommend picking up a a little instant camera for the wedding morning. Photos on a phone simply get lost as the months go by. You will be so thankful for these fun candid prints of you and your girls.
Here are the cameras that we recommend: Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 (Comes with film for 60 prints) or the Zink Poloroid Snap Touch 2.0
- Photo printer for phone – Another option is getting an Fujifilm Instax Mini Link Smartphone Printer. We purchased one of these to use at our parties. You simply take photos on your phone, sync your phone to the wireless printer and print out the shots you want. We recommend getting the 50 pack of paper.
Check out these additional wedding planning resources:
- Our wedding planning timeline and checklist can help you no matter where you are at in your wedding planning journey.
- Make sure to follow us on Instagram for lots of wedding planning tips and photo inspiration (plus we like to post hilarious wedding related memes)
- If you are going to be doing an engagement session, make sure to read our best tips for engagement photos.