What is a good song to walk down the aisle to at your wedding ceremony?
That is the million-dollar question. We took a poll with over 400 brides and 25 DJs in early 2021 and this is the list we came up with for the entrance of the bride.
Obviously, you can use any song that you want for your wedding processional (you should definitely pick a song that you love or one that has meaning), but these are the songs that got the most mentions.
Traditional And Classical Wedding Ceremony Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To
- “Canon in D (Pachelbel’s Canon)” – by Brooklyn Duo – This is our favorite version for weddings (piano and cello).
- “Bridal Chorus (Here Comes The Bride)” by Richard Wagner (One of the most famous and most common wedding march songs)
- “Trumpet Voluntary” by Jeremiah Clarke
- “Air on the G String” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Largo From Winter” by Vivaldi
- “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Bridal March” by Jonathan Cain (A beautiful piano version of this classic)
- “Clair de Lune” by Claude Debussy
- “Largo (from “Xerxes)” by George Frideric Handel
Instrumental Wedding Processional Songs
- “A Thousand Years (Christina Perri)” by The Piano Guys (piano/cello)
- “Say You Won’t Let Go (James Arthur)” by Daniel Jang (A beautiful violin version of this popular country song)
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley)” by Vitamin String Quartet
- “Perfect (Ed Sheeran)” by Joel Miranda (This beautiful version of Perfect is a great choice for the bride walking down the aisle)
- “A Million Dreams (The Greatest Showman)” by Taylor Davis
Check out our post of instrumental versions of popular and modern songs.
Modern and Popular Songs To Walk Down The Aisle To
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley)” by Haley Reinhart
- “Every Breath You Take” by Music Travel Love (such an amazing cover of this song by The Police)
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- “Here Comes The Sun (The Beatles)” by Colbie Caillat
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “From The Ground Up” by Dan + Shay (We recently saw a wedding where the bridesmaids walked into this song. It worked really well)
- “Beautiful Day” by U2
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- “The Only One” by Music Travel Love (an amazing acoustic romantic love song to walk down the aisle to)
- “Better Together” by Us The Duo
- “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “Hallelujah” by Pentatonix
- “What A Wonderful World” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- “Marry You” by Bruno Mars (For couples looking for a more upbeat processional or recessional song)
- “All Of Me” by John Legend
- “I Choose You” by Sara Bareilles
- “Angel” by Jack Johnson
- “Wedding Song (Acoustic)” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- “No Matter Where You Are (Wedding Version)” by Us The Duo
- “10,000 Hours” by Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber
- “Yours” by Russell Dickerson (A great country song for the wedding ceremony or the first dance)
- “Never Stop (Wedding Version)” by SafetySuit
- “At Last” by Etta James
- “Could I Love you Anymore” by Reneé Dominique and Jason Mraz
- “There Will Be Time” by Mumford & Sons
- “Here and Now” by Luther Vandross
- “From This Moment” by Shania Twain
- “Turning Page” by Sleeping At Last
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love With You” by Haley Klinkhammer
- “La Vie En Rose” by Daniela Andrade
- “Hallelujah” by Rufus Wainwright
- “Use Somebody” by Laura Jansen
- “Everyday” by Buddy Holly
- “After All” by Michael Bublé and Bryan Adams (A fun upbeat song that works great for the wedding recessional)
Songs From Movies and TV That Are Perfect for Walking Down The Aisle To
- “When You Wish Upon A Star” From Pinocchio (We will be making a new post on Disney wedding ceremony songs. You can check back here in 1 week for the link)
- “The Portrait (From Titanic)” by James Horner
- “Superman Theme” by John Williams (This is one of our favorite groom professionals songs)
- “Beauty and the Beast” From Beauty and the Beast
- “May It Be” by Enya (Lord of the Rings)
- “Princess Leia’s Theme” by John Williams (Star Wars)
- “Rose’s Theme From Titanic (James Horner)” by 2CELLOS
- “The Imperial March (Darth Vader’s Theme from Star Wars)” by John Williams (A really fun song for the groomsmen and/or the groom to use a walk-in song)
- “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Kina Grannis (Crazy Rich Asians)
- “Jurassic Park (Main Theme)” by John Williams
- “Forrest Gump Theme” by Alan Silvestri
- “Hold On (Bridesmaids)” by Wilson Phillips (A great song for the bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to, or for the couple and wedding party to walk back down the aisle to)
- “Chapel Of Love” by The Dixie Cups (A great bridal party entrance song for the bridesmaids and/or bride)
- “Concerning Hobbits” by Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings)
- “Star Wars Main Theme” by John Williams (This is a great choice for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and parents)
- “Main Theme From The Notebook” by Aaron Zigman
- “All You Need Is Love (Love Actually)” by Lynden David Hall
- “Love Theme From Superman” by John Williams
- “Jump In Line (Beetlejuice)” by Harry Belafonte (such a fun and upbeat song for the wedding party to walk back down the aisle)
- “Everything Is Awesome (The Lego Movie)” by Tegan and Sara (featuring The Lonely Island) – (A fantastic choice for a wedding recessional song)
- “Everything Is Awesome (The Lego Movie 2)” by Garfunkel & Oats with Eban Schletter (another fun upbeat version of the original)
- “Flying Theme (E.T.)” by John Williams
- “Hedwig’s Theme” by John Williams (Harry Potter)
- “Can You Feel The Love Tonight (The Lion King)” by Elton John
- “Rewrite The Stars (The Greatest Showman)” by The Piano Guys (Instrumental)
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
Country Walking Down The Aisle Songs
- “Me and You” by Kenny Chesney
- “Look At Me Now” by Matt Stell (Our personal favorite from the country music list)
- “Amazed” by Lonestar
- “Speechless” by Dan + Shay
- “I Love You” by Eli Young Band
- “Parachute” by Lexanna
- “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton
- “Forever and Ever, Amen (Randy Travis)” by Music Travel Love ft. Summer Overstreet (Amazing acoustic cover that would be perfect for the bride walking down the aisle)
- “Valentine” by Martina McBride
- “I Do (Cherish You)” by Mark Wills
- “Then” by Brad Paisley
- “I Run To You” by Lady Antebellum
- “The One” by Gary Allan
- “Love Story” by Taylor Swift
- “You Had Me From Hello” by Kenny Chesney
For even more country song ideas (over 400 songs!), check out our new article: The best country wedding songs to use on your big day.
Rock Songs That Make A Great Walk-In Song for The Bride
- “November Rain” by Guns N’ Roses
- “White Wedding” by Billy Idol
- “Always” by Bon Jovi
- “Baby, I Love You” by The Ramones
- “More Than Words” by Extreme (Perfect for couples looking for an acoustic rock song for walking down the aisle)
- “Blackbird” by The Beatles
- “Love Walks In” by Van Halen
- “Faithfully” by Journey
Acoustic Songs For Your Wedding Ceremony
Every single song on this list is from Music Travel Love. They do the best acoustic versions of all your favorite songs that are perfect for walking down the aisle.
We recommend checking out the following acoustic songs by Music Travel Love:
- “Bless The Broken Road (Rascal Flatts)“
- “I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston Cover)“
- “Perfect (Ed Sheeran)“
- “Just The Way You Are (Bruno Mars Cover)“
- “Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)“
- “Right Here Waiting (Richard Marx)“
- “True Colors (Cyndi Lauper)“
- “Stand By Me (Ben E. King)“
Funny, Unique, and Non-Traditional Wedding Processional Songs
- “Canon in D Major (The Rock Version!)” by Jerry C
- “Somebody’s Getting Married” by The Muppets (We helped with a wedding ceremony that used this song, and it was a huge hit. The song started playing and all of the guests instantly had huge smiles on their faces. This was the song that the entire bridal party used for the processional).
- “Grow Old With You (The Wedding Singer)” by Adam Sandler
- “All I Want Is You (Juno)” by Barry Louis Polisar (this is a really happy song for the wedding processional or recessional)
- “The Throne Room/End Title (Star Wars)” by John Williams (This is an epic wedding recessional song for all of the awesome nerds out there)
- “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” by Pomplamoose
How Do I Choose A Wedding Processional Song?
If possible, try to pick a wedding processional song that has some meaning to you and your partner.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- A song that reminds you of your partner.
- Maybe it’s a style of music that works for you.
- Or specific lyrics in the song.
- Maybe it’s a song that you loved in high school when you first thought about your future wedding.
- If you can’t think of anything specific, we recommend choosing a song from this list that you love the sound of (or the name of). There are many to choose from in a big variety of styles.
How Many Songs Should Be In A Processional?
Typically there are least two (sometimes more) songs in the wedding processional.
The bride (if this wedding has a bride) usually gets her own song, then another song is picked out for the groom and the wedding party.
If this is a wedding with a bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, and ring bearer/flower girl, these are the two ways it typically goes:
Wedding processional music #1
- Song #1 – Parents, grandparents enter
- Song #2 – Groom and groomsmen enter
- Song #3 – Bridesmaids, flower girl, and ring bearer enter.
- Song #4 – Here comes the bride!
Wedding processional music #2
- Song #1 – Parents, grandparents, groom, groomsmen, bridesmaids, flower girls, and ring bearer enter.
- Song #2 – The bride enters the ceremony location.