The wedding word scramble (or bridal shower word scramble) is a really fun and easy game to play.
Guests are given a game card that has a list of scrambled wedding and bridal shower-related words. Players see how many words they can unscramble. Super easy!
What you need to play the bridal shower word scramble game
You don’t need much to play the bridal shower word scramble, which makes it a very easy game to play. Here is what you will need:
- A wedding word scramble game card and answer key (download our free printable PDF at the bottom of the page)
- A pencil for each player.
- A prize for the game winner
We put together a few resources for all of your bridal shower games:
- Fun and inexpensive prize ideas for the bridal shower game winners.
- The best cardstock to use if printing your own game cards (and mini personalized pencils)
How to play the wedding word scramble game
Playing the wedding word scramble game is really easy, which is why it’s a favorite at bridal showers.
- Give each guest a bridal shower word scramble game card and something to write with.
- Set a timer on someone’s phone for 4-5 minutes (or even better, play 2 songs from your bridal shower music playlist and use that as the timer)
- Each guest tries to unscramble as many of the wedding-related words as they can before the time runs out.
- The person who unscrambles the most words, wins a prize.
Another option is to play the bridal word scramble while the bride-to-be is opening up her gifts.
- Each guest gets a game card and something to write with.
- Everyone works at their own pace.
- The first person who unscrambles all of the wedding and bridal shower related words wins the prize.
You can also have prizes for 2nd or 3rd place if you have a lot of guests at your shower.
*The host/hostess should print out a copy of the bridal word scramble answers in case anyone needs to check it after the game is over.
Make you own wedding word scramble game card for your bridal shower
If you want to customize your bridal word scramble game card, you can easily make one in Canva.
One of the fun things about making your own game card is that you can completely customize the colors and look of the card. That way the cards fit the theme or color scheme of your bridal shower.
Another benefit of making your own game card is you get to customize all of the words that need to be unscrambled. So you can use the couple’s name or unique details about the wedding or bridal shower.
Words to use for your own bridal shower word scramble game
Here are some wedding-related words to get you started if you are making your own game cards:
- The first name of the bride
- First name of the groom
- Names of the family or wedding party
- Wedding venue name
- Honeymoon location
- The theme of your bridal shower (tropical, boho, rustic, etc.)
- Bridal shower
- First dance
- Cutting the cake
- First look
- Sparkler exit
- Bridal party
- Yes to the dress
- Bachelorette party
- Flower girl
- Ring bearer
More Bridal shower games and resources
Here are a few more resources for planning and hosting a bridal shower or wedding shower:
- The complete guide to hosting and planning a bridal shower
- 50 more bridal shower games (with free downloadable printables)
- Best game prizes for bridal shower games
- Bridal shower songs to add to your party playlist
*If you want daily wedding planning tips and beautiful wedding photo inspiration (plus funny wedding-related memes), follow us on Instagram.
Download The Bridal Word Scramble Game Card PDF
Click the download button to get your free wedding word scramble game card (and answers card)