If you are looking for a fun and fast game to play at your wedding shower or bridal shower, wedding word search (or bridal shower word search) is the perfect game for you!
Below you will find a free game card printable (answer key included), instructions on how to play the game, and step-by-step instructions on making your own custom word search game card (for free!).
What you will need to play the bridal shower word search game at your wedding shower
You don’t need much for the wedding word search game, which is why this is a very easy game to play that guests will enjoy.
Here’s what you need to play:
- A wedding word search game card for each guest (download our free printable at bottom of page)
- A pencil or pen for each player
- A timer (you can simply use the timer on a phone or you can use 1-2 songs from your bridal shower playlist as the timer)
- A game prize for the winner (or winners if you are doing 1st place plus 2nd/3rd place)
Bridal shower game accessories and resources
We put together a couple of great resources for your bridal shower and wedding shower games:
- Our favorite cardstock and mini personalized pencils for bridal shower game cards (Very useful if you are printing your own wedding word search game cards)
- Fun and inexpensive game prizes for your bridal shower or wedding shower
How to play the wedding word search game
Playing the bridal shower word search game is really easy:
- Hand out a game card and something to write with to each player.
- The bridal shower (or wedding shower) host/hostess will tell the guests how long they have to find as many words from the provided list as they can. Explain to the guests that the person who finds the most words is the winner. Guests will also hear what prize the winner gets.
- Set the timer (a phone timer works but we love the idea of using 1-2 songs from the bridal shower music playlist as the timer).
- Once the time is up, guests count up how many words they were able to find. They should write that number in the space provided.
- The guest who found the most words, wins the prize
How to make your own wedding word search game card for a bridal shower
If you want to customize a wedding word search, you can use something like Puzzlemaker from Discovery Education to make your own free word search puzzle.
By making your own, you can customize the puzzle with the names of the couple, plus other things that are unique or specific about the couple and their upcoming wedding.
Here is an easy way to make your own wedding word search game card:
- Visit Puzzlemaker by Discovery Education. (This is completely free to use)
- Fill in the simple steps on the single page form (how many rows, the words you want to include, etc.)
- Click create puzzle
- That can be the end right there if you simply want to print the plan looking puzzle (if so, just click print puzzle).
- If you want to make it look nicer, follow the next steps.
- Click the copy puzzle button
- Open a blank design page in Canva (I recommend making the size 8.5 inches x 11 inches)
- Paste the puzzle into the design.
- Now you can add a pretty title at the top, the words to find at the bottom, and any design elements that you want.
- Go back to your puzzle maker page and click the copy answers button
- Make a new design in Canva and paste the bridal shower word search answers onto the blank page.
- Print as many copies of this answer page as you want so the guests can see where the words are that they might have missed.
- That’s it! Super easy
Wedding related words and ideas to use for your own bridal shower or wedding shower word search
- First name of each person getting married
- The wedding venue name
- Honeymoon location
- Name of the maid of honor
- Name of the best man
- Bridal shower
- Best man
- Maid of honor
- Matron of honor
- First kiss
- Sparkler exit
Download your free wedding word search printable game card for your bridal shower or wedding shower.
Check out all of our other bridal shower games (with free printables).
If you need more help and advice for the bridal shower you are planning, we put together a free bridal shower planning guide.
Click the button below to download your free bridal shower word search game card (no email required):