What’s in your purse is an easy and fun icebreaker game to play at any bridal shower.
This post shows you how to play the game and lets you know what you need to play.
You can download a free printable game card at the bottom of this post.
Download A Free Printable What’s In Your Purse Game Card
We include a full-page game card and a 5×7 game card in the PDF (print as many as you need)
How to play the what’s in your purse game:
You might be asking, how do you play the purse game at a bridal shower? We’ve got you covered!
- Each person gets a game card and a pencil/pen (free download/printable below).
- You can either call out each item one by one (the maid/matron of honor can be in charge of this), or you can have each player go through their purse at their own pace.
- The game cards have different items under each point value.
- Put a checkmark by each item that you find in your purse or bag.
- Add up all of your points and put the total on your game card.
- The 1st place winner gets the best prize (you can have smaller prizes for 2nd and 3rd place if you wish).
- If there is a tie, you can use some of the items from the list below as the tiebreaker.
What items do you need to play what’s in your purse?
All you need are the following:
- A game card (download our free printable below).
- A pen or pencil.
- Your purse or bag.
- Game prizes for the winner (2nd place and 3rd place too)
- A sense of humor!
What’s in your purse game list:
You can download and print out our free printable below.
If you want to create your own game cards, here are some examples that you can include.
This gives you the opportunity to customize the game to your guests and their personalities.
Maybe you want your cards to be simple and sweet. Maybe you want your cards to be off-the-wall or belly-laugh funny. You can choose your own adventure!
Here is a list of ideas that you could include for your bridal shower:
- Driver’s license
- $1 bill
- Credit card
- business card
- Library card
- Breath mint
- $5 bill
- Cell phone
- Grocery store receipt
- Department store receipt
- Hair tie/clip
- $10 bill
- Nasal spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Playing cards
- Nail polish
- $20 bill
- Granola bar
- Photo of yourself
- Swatch of fabric
- Nail clippers
- Kid toy
- Photo of your kid/kids
- Gift card
- Paycheck stub
- $2 bill
- $50 bill
- $100 bill
- Dog poop baggy
- Pepper spray
- Ultrasound photo
- Photo of the bride-to-be (this should be the most points)
What kind of prizes should the winners get?
Here are some great ideas for bridal show game prizes:
- Gift cards (Amazon, Target, Starbucks)
- A bottle of wine
- Boxes of candy or cookies (can be store-bought or homemade)
- Coffee mugs
- Something unique to the area where the bridal shower is being held/hosted.
We just put together this awesome collection of bridal shower game prizes.
Here are a few other names that this fun game is sometimes called:
- Purse scavenger hunt
- What’s in the bag?
- What’s in the bride’s purse?
- What is in your purse?
- Purse raid
You can also play What’s In Your Purse at a baby shower, birthday party, or bachelorette party.
Additional wedding planning resources and tips:
- Bridal shower gifts for the bride-to-be or the couple.
- Check out all of the awesome bridal shower games to play with your friends and family.
- The modern version of this game is What’s on Your Phone? (we have a free printable for that too)
- Everything you need to host and plan a bridal shower.
- The best bridal show songs for a fun playlist.
- Another great game to play at a bridal shower is He Said, She Said.
- Check out our wedding planning timeline and checklist.
- Follow us on Instagram for lots of additional wedding planning tips and ideas (plus lots of photo inspiration).